Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albion Assembly
How many people on the assembly regularly attend away games? The question shouldn’t have been answered by those on the assembly that don’t regularly attend away games.

I know someone on the Liverpool thread suggested taking a deposit for pre ordering an away ticket but I would tell Albion to change the away ticket process to be as follows

Albion advertise the game online a couple of weeks before the deadline that Albion request how many seats are required
Fans then pre order a ticket online and by telephone (and pay full price at the time of pre-ordering and are advised that it does not guarantee a ticket)  Note anyone can pre order on the same day, ie those with AST and those who aren’t members etc <—� wait for it, don’t bite just yet

The club then use the number of pre ordered tickets to determine the amount of seats to ask for.

The seats are then allocated in the usual way ie AST first by date/time (first come basis by category) for each category and this allocation runs as a batch process. If the club takes less seats than pre ordered then those who did not get a seat are refunded and an email (letter to those who have phoned in and don’t have an email address) sent to them to tell them they did not get a ticket and money refunded.  
If there are tickets left after the allocation then they go straight on general sale.

So using the Liverpool seat numbers as an example. Say 3,200 pre ordered, Albion request 3,000 tickets from Liverpool and 200 people are refunded their money. 

There you go, sorted, no guess work and fans will be happier.
Something I tweeted this morning.

A few tweets in order to reply to the criticism of the @WBAFCAssembly over the past few days.
Firstly, the minutes put on official site are pretty accurate with regard the Liverpool tickets. The discussion saw widely varying figures discussed from 1500 to 5000. We didn't know the extent of the travel subsidy which may have helped more, just that there would likely be one. The average guesstimate was indeed about 2k however. The overall feeling was that the time of kick off, the really poor away numbers this season, and most importantly the fact that we never travel well when on TV were the overriding factors for the low estimation.

As it turned out I believe the estimate was 1k light and we as a group got it wrong although some members did indeed get it right. However, the overall decision was the clubs and it was them that made the mistake. I personally believe that 1800 would always have been the figure that they would have gone for, even if the AA had suggested 3k or more. There is simply no appetite to build away numbers in my opinion. A safety first approach is in place and only when this changes will mistakes of this sort be less.

Which leads me onto the other criticism of the AA. That it's a worthless exercise full of fans that are nodding dogs and not representative of Albion fans. The AA is not perfect by any means. It can do more I feel. However, expectations are unreasonable in many cases. It was set up as a way of providing a line of communication for fans. The 30 or so fans that attend try and represent you fans. It's members are a cross section. Young supporters, later in years, disabled, gay, ethnic. All bringing ideas from their groups, issues that are affecting them. Some of these get addressed, some don't. But it is a voice, no matter how small. A voice that other clubs supporters don't get. I believe more can be done and I will continue to be as loud as I can to drive things.

For example, I was unhappy that the club did not consult on Season tickets last season and I pressed the club to include us this year. I am now part of a sub AA group meeting with the club to share our ideas in home and away season tickets. If only 1 or 2 ideas get adopted, that's success. The Liverpool tickets mistake is another area that I will be pressing the club to improve with AA involvement. Slowly but surely, we can make a difference.
(01-26-2018, 09:57 AM)richbaggie Wrote: Something I tweeted this morning.

A few tweets in order to reply to the criticism of the @WBAFCAssembly over the past few days.
Firstly, the minutes put on official site are pretty accurate with regard the Liverpool tickets. The discussion saw widely varying figures discussed from 1500 to 5000. We didn't know the extent of the travel subsidy which may have helped more, just that there would likely be one. The average guesstimate was indeed about 2k however. The overall feeling was that the time of kick off, the really poor away numbers this season, and most importantly the fact that we never travel well when on TV were the overriding factors for the low estimation.

As it turned out I believe the estimate was 1k light and we as a group got it wrong although some members did indeed get it right. However, the overall decision was the clubs and it was them that made the mistake. I personally believe that 1800 would always have been the figure that they would have gone for, even if the AA had suggested 3k or more. There is simply no appetite to build away numbers in my opinion. A safety first approach is in place and only when this changes will mistakes of this sort be less.

Which leads me onto the other criticism of the AA. That it's a worthless exercise full of fans that are nodding dogs and not representative of Albion fans. The AA is not perfect by any means. It can do more I feel. However, expectations are unreasonable in many cases. It was set up as a way of providing a line of communication for fans. The 30 or so fans that attend try and represent you fans. It's members are a cross section. Young supporters, later in years, disabled, gay, ethnic. All bringing ideas from their groups, issues that are affecting them. Some of these get addressed, some don't. But it is a voice, no matter how small. A voice that other clubs supporters don't get. I believe more can be done and I will continue to be as loud as I can to drive things.

For example, I was unhappy that the club did not consult on Season tickets last season and I pressed the club to include us this year. I am now part of a sub AA group meeting with the club to share our ideas in home and away season tickets. If only 1 or 2 ideas get adopted, that's success. The Liverpool tickets mistake is another area that I will be pressing the club to improve with AA involvement. Slowly but surely, we can make a difference.
The Albion Assembly is/was always going to split opinion. For me the key issue is this..... will it make a difference to the club's thinking on anything at all? From Rich's posts the answer seems to be yes ie next year's season tickets as just one. There will probably be more in the future. For this alone it is worthwhile and fair play to Rich and the others for giving up their time to suffer some of the shit i've read on here.
(01-26-2018, 09:57 AM)richbaggie Wrote: Something I tweeted this morning.

Good work, Rich