Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albion Assembly
Sorry for chipping in here, but I've mentioned this before as something that Stoke do which works really well and as far as I can tell is appreciated by all our supporters.

At half time in the first home match of each new year (which is what's jogged my memory as we did it during the last home match), the names and photographs of Stokies who've died during the previous year are displayed one by one on the big screens at the ground with appropriate music playing while this is happening.

Basically, people send in the information to the club - name, and year of birth with a photograph, for the supporter to be included.

As I've said, it works realy well and is extremely moving, even if you don't know any of the people in question. It's a great way to acknowledge each of those supporters, and I think it helps family members to feel that they've done something that their loved one would have appreciated.

It usually only takes 5 minutes or so, which is nothing in the great scheme of things, but again, as far as I know, it's met with universal approval from every Stokie. Might be worth considering.

(01-09-2018, 12:55 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 12:28 PM)You Big Cyrille Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 09:54 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Can you and other members of the Assembly apologise on behalf of the fans for the predicament the club currently finds itself in.

Only the pulis cock suckers only need to say sorry .

I’ve said this to you before but you do talk about sexual acts a lot. Most of them are quite homoerotic which as a liberal I’m happy you feel you can express. You still need a capital letter on Pulis however.
The only thing needed on pulis is Rottweiler .
Is the club planning to expand the range of Albion gnomes and, if so, will they consider releasing a gnomette, or at very least a gnome of indeterminable gender.
I'm sure regarding the liquidator they cant play it in full as the players come out because they have to play that stupid premier league music as the teams shake hands. leaving only the time they are warming up and doing the coin toss Smile
(01-09-2018, 12:47 PM)Big Cyrille Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 12:43 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Can we have stripes on the back of the kit again? Before anyone says it’s not allowed, it is!

I would have the stripes on the back and with the numbers on a square patch like the old days looks a lot better

Numbers in red was my fave.
Exactly swag nothing wrong with it whatsoever.
Can you ask about the speaker system in the Halfords? It's terrible you can't understand a word of what they're saying.
Can you ask if we can start winning a few more games?
(01-09-2018, 03:01 PM)ETartanRug Wrote: Can you ask about the speaker system in the Halfords? It's terrible you can't understand a word of what they're saying.

It's the terrible accent .
(01-09-2018, 03:01 PM)TartanRug Wrote: Can you ask about the speaker system in the Halfords? It's terrible you can't understand a word of what they're saying.

Halfords? YOU NEED TO TURN YOUR HEARING AID UP MATE.