The Return of Brexit
Big news this week isn't about the hard border or the tariffs now Dekka, get with the programme, we should all be talking about face masks.
(07-13-2020, 04:02 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: When those in Kent voted for Brexit I wonder if they had the Farage Garage in mind? 

Farage Garage

£93m today pledged today to persuade us its going to be great.

That's highly amusing, I worked to promote that site through the Local Plan process with AXA REIM over a decade ago. It's had planning consent as a shed park for years.

Delighted I've made a little contribution to enabling Brexit. Top post Dekka.
(07-14-2020, 01:02 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 04:02 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: When those in Kent voted for Brexit I wonder if they had the Farage Garage in mind? 

Farage Garage

£93m today pledged today to persuade us its going to be great.

That's highly amusing, I worked to promote that site through the Local Plan process with AXA REIM over a decade ago. It's had planning consent as a shed park for years.

Delighted I've made a little contribution to enabling Brexit. Top post Dekka.

Never been needed though in a tariff free EU, good to know that we can slow down trade into and out of the UK based on your little input into all this.
I mean, usually your smug glee at helping to cause this unnecessary clusterfuck is at least coming from a vaguely understandable, if wrong, starting point but what can be said to be a positive about international trade now being significantly more time-consuming and expensive? When we were always promised it definitely wouldn't be? The greasy spoon trade around Kent will bloom as lorry drivers will be sat around with feck all else to do for long periods? House prices near the site will drop like stones due the increase in traffic and the fact its a massive eyesore?

In other news, the time of the "seasonnaire" has apparently ended as loads of ski businesses have decided they're only employing EU passport holders for the coming winter. We did 50% British, 50% EU last year and haven't announced what we're doing this year though we'll probably follow suit. I'm sure the 100s of Brits who now don't have jobs any more will share your enthusiasm for the farage garage though.
Any building put up in Ashford will improve it !
[Image: EdJ3HAfWAAEJXQ6?format=jpg&name=medium]
Have I got News For You 

Withdrawal Agreement ‘costs too much and denies us true national independence’ says man who voted it through Parliament:

[Image: EepZHdPXoAAfAXU?format=png&name=medium]
Sun lit uplands

Imagine reading this and then making the following comments...

‘Har har i cannot wait to see the look on those bloody forein faces when we finally free on WTO Australia terms and the EU cant not protect them anymore!!!!!!!!!!‘

‘They should of been planning this from the day of the referendum.Military should of been boosted along with border security. I still do not trust them not to betray us with a deal that will cost us dearly‘

‘Ooh another highly negative project fear report by woke remain civil servants. Sack the lot of them.‘

‘Fear, fear, fear.  Government, media are trying to keep the lid on the boiling cauldron.  Whether it is Covid or Brexit, any excuse to delay.  Civil war is coming and there is nothing that will stop it.‘

I think this is called softening people up to either a shit deal they dress up as a ‘win’ or a ‘you see it wasn’t that bad’ at least we still have potato’s and tap water no deal. 

Is the information below accurate it doesn’t seem to correspond to the linked article? 

[Image: EgF5dtPX0AAJkvO?format=jpg&name=large]
You can trust us... we shall see

Bump
Our Glorious Leader

‘Brexit deal never made sense’ says man who negotiated it, signed it, prevented MPs from scrutinising it, campaigned for it and won a general election on the back of it: