Straw clutching....
(06-30-2020, 09:05 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 07:57 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: 11 point choker springs to mind

I keep thinking about this. All the years we've reminded the Dings about it. Is it football karma? Makes me feel queasy.

To be honest I thought we were always vulnerable to it this season, but last season being chased down and then reduced to losing in the 
play offs to bloody Villa was pretty much as bad anyway?
There are no straws out there to clutch. Tomorrow defines our season. Win and we still have a lot to do to stay ahead of Brentford. Lose and I think we're done. Slav needs to show what he's made of. Bad team selections so far since the break. Choose the right starting line-up and have plans B and C on the bench.

Personal view - I don't think he even knows plan A at the moment. I'm very nervous.
I’ve just had a flashback to Wednesday at home last season, what a terrible terrible performance...
(06-30-2020, 09:53 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: There are no straws out there to clutch. Tomorrow defines our season. Win and we still have a lot to do to stay ahead of Brentford. Lose and I think we're done. Slav needs to show what he's made of. Bad team selections so far since the break. Choose the right starting line-up and have plans B and C on the bench.

Personal view - I don't think he even knows plan A at the moment. I'm very nervous.

Lose and we're still 2 points ahead, beat Hull on Sunday and we'd still be 2 points ahead. Win 1, draw 1 and lose 1 of the following 3 and we'd very likely be either 1 point behind or 1-2 points in front and still in a good position either way with 2 to play. A win tomorrow would be a fantastic result, but we're hardly 'done' even if tomorrow sees us lose.
(06-30-2020, 10:07 PM)Salter Spring Wrote: I’ve just had a flashback to Wednesday at home last season, what a terrible terrible performance...

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Ipswich or Derby at home? Granted it wasn't one of our best performances, but we had J-Rod unjustly sent off and Brunt got a last minutes equaliser.

It was also the final time we saw Harvey Barnes in the stripes.
(06-30-2020, 10:07 PM)Salter Spring Wrote: I’ve just had a flashback to Wednesday at home last season, what a terrible terrible performance...

That was a mid-season 1-1. For me the damage was done losing 1-0 at home to the other Sheffield side United, then going to Leeds and conceding in the first 30 seconds of a 4-0 defeat. We're at that point now. If the players go into the next couple of games nervous and start without any spark, we're in trouble.
(06-30-2020, 11:01 PM)Squid Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 10:07 PM)Salter Spring Wrote: I’ve just had a flashback to Wednesday at home last season, what a terrible terrible performance...

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Ipswich or Derby at home? Granted it wasn't one of our best performances, but we had J-Rod unjustly sent off and Brunt got a last minutes equaliser.

It was also the final time we saw Harvey Barnes in the stripes.

I stand corrected, it was indeed the Ipswich home game....
(06-30-2020, 07:57 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 07:42 PM)tiptontown Wrote: Get a result tomorrow and let's be honest we really should be beating Hull the weekend. If not, we deserve to drop out the top two.

Yep. Although our record vs clubs near the bottom not great. Lost at home to Wigan, Boro, Stoke. Drawn with Charlton, Barnsley, Reading and Blues. Luton and Hudds I think the only we've beaten at home.

I think this game may be different, we have struggled against teams that sit deep and play not to lose. Sheff Weds need to win to make their season mean anything, they're very unlikely to drop now but they still have a chance at reaching the play-offs (6 points off 6th). This could be an open game where they have to come at us - the biggest risk will be if they score 1st and close up shop.
Game concerns me a lot. We could start slow and there's a chance we can concede and then it's back to trying to break down 11 men.

Wednesday played very well at our place and we got away with a 2-2 I think. Karma suggests it may be their turn to get the breaks.

Absolutely must win for me.

Presume it's not on tv anywhere?
No it's only on iFollow unless it's on red button (I don't have sky, just NowTV). Inconsiderately though my daughter has decided that today is her birthday or something like that so I'll probably miss it.