Reading v Brentford - shite
No panic from me yet.

Saving that for tomorrow Big Grin
(06-30-2020, 06:15 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 05:50 PM)scotbaggie Wrote: It's really just on us at this point. Brentford will do what they do, its up to us to beat these people we are supposed to beat. If we don't we really don't deserve automatic promotion.

Exactly. The two teams that win the most points over 46 games get promoted automatically.

We have been one of those 2 teams for the best part of 40 games, but if we finish 3rd or lower then we simply didn’t deserve to go up.

Yep exactly this given how well we've played for most of he season and at one point being 12 pts clear if we blow automatic promotion we really don't deserve to go up and questions will rightly have to be asked why.

(06-30-2020, 06:31 PM)Sliced Wrote: No panic from me yet.

The next 2 games will tell us alot about the mindset, determination and ambition of our players time to step up Albion and put a marker down.
Last time it was this close was after our Cardiff defeat.We were 2 points clear of 3rd on the same amount of games.We then won 5 drew 1. Pressure was on an we delivered ,need to do it again!
(06-30-2020, 06:37 PM)HugeHons Wrote: Last time it was this close was after our Cardiff defeat.We were 2 points clear of 3rd on the same amount of games.We then won 5 drew 1. Pressure was on an we delivered ,need to do it again!

Slav also switched to 433, brought O’Shea and Krov in and left Phillips a mile away from the side.

He needs to do that again too.
3-0 Brentford

Goal difference way better.
Brentford 3 up.
Their GD getting much better than ours
(06-30-2020, 06:33 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 06:15 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 05:50 PM)scotbaggie Wrote: It's really just on us at this point. Brentford will do what they do, its up to us to beat these people we are supposed to beat. If we don't we really don't deserve automatic promotion.

Exactly. The two teams that win the most points over 46 games get promoted automatically.

We have been one of those 2 teams for the best part of 40 games, but if we finish 3rd or lower then we simply didn’t deserve to go up.

Yep exactly this given how well we've played for most of he season and at one point being 12 pts clear if we blow automatic promotion we really don't deserve to go up and questions will rightly have to be asked why.

(06-30-2020, 06:31 PM)Sliced Wrote: No panic from me yet.

The next 2 games will tell us alot about the mindset, determination and ambition of our players time to step up Albion and put a marker down.

Spot on. Up to us now to show how much we want promotion in two very winnable matches.
Make a mess of the next two and end up chasing a place if Brentford go above us then I really fear for our chances. Really wouldn’t fancy us in the play-offs.
So, basically, a massive game tomorrow now on so many fronts.
I hate football at times ? if we fuck this up from the position we have been in then only ourselves to blame. Remember Wo1ve5 bottling the lead they had in our promo season....
Win for Barnsley and Charlton took a point from Cardiff. Bottom of table so close.
Tomorrow is pretty much a must win now.