Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pleasurable flying experience
(12-07-2017, 11:03 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 09:45 PM)John Osbourne Wrote: Nice to see our resident third world WUM using his usual pleasantries. Could someone remind him this is the U.K. and as Londonderry is in the U.K. we can call it what we want.

I have a soft spot for the BAC 1 11. My first flight was into Basel in one. And a lovely bumpy turbulence fraught flight it was.

BA used to fly them out of Manchester to Brussels; they were in the air for about 55 minutes, of which about 30 was spent climbing steeply and 25 descending equally steeply. 

For some reason they felt the need to serve refreshments, which meant there was a trolley in the centre aisle for the entire flight. The flight attendants spent the first half of the journey hanging onto it so that it didn't run away and rip out the tailplane, and the second half stopping it from careering into the cockpit.

Just looked at some images on google and that plane doesn’t look that bad. Prop planes I hated due to the noise and always bounced AOTS. Then there was a little 57 seater jet engine plane (2 jets on the tail) I used to catch to Milan and that was always a bumpy ride due to its size.
(12-07-2017, 08:11 PM)Ronk Albion Wrote: I flew from Londonderry Airport into Stansted this morning.

A small airport - two gates, no queues, friendly staff - utterly stress free!

Wish all airports were like this one.

My favourite is Sukhothai in Thailand

https://travelhappy.info/thailand/sukhot...t-airport/
WUM merchant! Big Grin

FFS sake
Luton = Dump
(12-07-2017, 09:47 PM)Ronk Albion Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 09:34 PM)Donegal Wrote: as the OP shitstain knows
There is no such place
Complete fantasist in every single of aspect of his excuse of a life

Londonderry airport is just outside Eglington, about 3 miles from Campsie industrial estate (where I was working).

(12-07-2017, 09:41 PM)TTM Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 09:34 PM)Donegal Wrote: as the OP shitstain knows
There is no such place
Complete fantasist in every single of aspect of his excuse of a life

[Image: 787-ANA-Bio-Fueling_176.jpg]

Don't get it?

Think of a word that rhymes with tanker.
(12-07-2017, 08:11 PM)Ronk Albion Wrote: I flew from Londonderry Airport into Stansted this morning.

A small airport - two gates, no queues, friendly staff - utterly stress free!

Wish all airports were like this one.

The time is right Ronk.

[Image: DQhJjMsWkAA5QoX.jpg]
(12-08-2017, 08:59 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Luton = Dump

U.K. City of culture 2025?
Nothing will ever beat Rurrenabaque Airport in the Amazon in the North of Bolivia...

A family run it, with the grandfather driving a bus to town to pick up the people using the plane... the mum (and usually a baby or two) check you in at a tressle table and the grandmother sticks tags and labels on your bags. Flight/Destination is hand written on paper and stuck on the wall, and you then walk out the back door of their house and sit on the grass at the end of the runway waiting for the plane (which comes when it seems to want to...) to land and take off like a bus stop... 

Rurrenabaque Airport
(12-07-2017, 08:39 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 08:15 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote: Was it a turboprop?

The only times I can remember enjoying flying were the old British Midland F27 Friendships that used to do the Birmingham to Brussels route back in the eighties. They took about twice as long as something like a BAC 1-11 but there was time to enjoy the breakfast, which was okay as in-flight food went back then.

Fokker ?

Doncaster Sheffield is quite a nice little airport.