Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berahino
You sure it's not pulis but with a Mrs doubtfire wig on ?
(12-08-2017, 01:13 AM)Big Cyrille Wrote: You sure it's not pulis but with a Mrs doubtfire wig on ?

He's showing disturbing signs BC. Maybe the wig is in place to hide the club shop cap.

I still think he'll be non league before the age of 30
It is a shame to see a player with a lot of natural talent fall away so drastically but he can't blame anyone but himself. No denying that he looked excellent during the 2014/15 season and came back the following pre season in really good shape. Unfortunately that was when the Spurs move didn't happen and it all went wrong for him. I think he had planned out in his head how his career was going to go and he just couldn't cope with how it eventually unfolded.

I'm not surprised it hasn't worked out long term at Stoke but I did expect him to hit at least a short spell of form, especially after a full pre season, but he seems to be completely shot. I remember a lot of talk when he first joined Stoke about him 'barely playing for 2 years' which was justification for his early struggles which always made me laugh. He had actually played quite a lot in his last full season, particularly from January onwards, and started the first few games of last season. So by the time he moved to Stoke he wasn't a good player lacking in game time, just a player who was woefully out of form.
Stoke owe him £70k a week for the next 3 and half years. About £13m.
Still baffles me as to why he wasn’t starting games with us.

Cuzer
(12-08-2017, 10:39 AM)P_K Wrote: Still baffles me as to why Berahino, Leko, Gamboa, Poco, McManaman wasn’t starting games with us.

Cuzer

Amended for you.
(12-08-2017, 12:17 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote: As with so many things in life, the timing of these comments doesn't really make sense. 

Hughes has played with one up front since he's been at Stoke, and as I've said, many Stoke supporters pointed out before we signed Berahino that he wouldn't suit Hughes' favoured system. 

Then against Liverpool, he ditched three at the back after 25 minutes, went to a 4-4-2, and instantly caused them big problems. Then against Swansea, we mostly played 4-4-2 and again looked more threatening.

So Hughes now looks like ditching his one up front option for home matches at least, in order to play a system that would favour Berahino, and chooses now to say that we don't play in a way that suits him.

Bonkers.

He played up top on his own for us a good few times without any issue, so that's not the problem. The problem more likely is that there isn't a system going that would suit him at this level as he is totally gone at the game.
(12-08-2017, 11:51 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 12:17 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote: As with so many things in life, the timing of these comments doesn't really make sense. 

Hughes has played with one up front since he's been at Stoke, and as I've said, many Stoke supporters pointed out before we signed Berahino that he wouldn't suit Hughes' favoured system. 

Then against Liverpool, he ditched three at the back after 25 minutes, went to a 4-4-2, and instantly caused them big problems. Then against Swansea, we mostly played 4-4-2 and again looked more threatening.

So Hughes now looks like ditching his one up front option for home matches at least, in order to play a system that would favour Berahino, and chooses now to say that we don't play in a way that suits him.

Bonkers.

He played up top on his own for us a good few times without any issue, so that's not the problem. The problem more likely is that there isn't a system going that would suit him at this level as he is totally gone at the game.

Agreed, he was a perfectly capable lone striker for us, but it's been a long time since he's played that role.

After the AFI/Pulis season, he played wide and in the hole.
He's so bad. Great to see.