Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berahino
Glorious

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thre...ido?page=2
(12-07-2017, 06:02 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Sounds like a subtle way of saying we don't need him, but it's not Berahino's fault he's not scored, so he's still a good player and if you want him you'll have to pay full wack.

There were plenty of bods on the Oatcake questioning his suitability for how we play even before we bought him.

To be fair, if my memory serves me well the vast majority were treating the Berahino acquisition as if the messiah was turning up at the Bet365.

It's safe to say that unless something drastic happens, we saw this coming.

What I didn't see coming was Jese struggling as much as he has
Worth reading one more time Big Grin  (sorry DK....)

SAIDO BERAHINO has this evening completed his move to Stoke City.

The 23-year-old striker has signed a five-and-a-half-year contract after the Club agreed a guaranteed fee of £12million with West Bromwich Albion. The fee could rise to £15million based on player and Club success. 

Berahino is the Potters' second signing of the January transfer window after Lee Grant's loan switch from Derby County was made a permanent arrangement and ends a long-time pursuit of the former England Under-21 international. 

City Chief Executive Tony Scholes told stokecityfc.com: "It's no secret that we have been looking to bring Saido to the Club for a long time and to suggest that we are pleased to have finally concluded the deal is an understatement. 

"We've signed a young English striker who has already proven his ability in the Premier League. 

"After a frustrating period he's now desperately keen to reignite his career and we look forward to seeing him do that with us.Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I wonder if part of the transfer fee is dependant on certain amounts of appearances and now Hughes has decided to cut his losses.
I’m sure the Coates family will be well aware of Hughes saying he has made a mistake and that Berahino doesn’t fit their system. Can’t see how Hughes can ever justify playing him again if it’s going to trigger clauses.

EDIT: Just seen SW4’s post. Seems the vast majority of the fee isn’t claused up. Sorry DK, you was robbed mate.
(12-07-2017, 08:39 PM)Sw4Baggie Wrote: The 23-year-old striker has signed a five-and-a-half-year contract after the Club agreed a guaranteed fee of £12million with West Bromwich Albion. The fee could rise to £15million based on player and Club success. 

So £12million then
the lords my shepherd i'll not want 
he takes me down to lye
in pastures green
he leadeth me 
the quiet waters by
(12-07-2017, 08:35 PM)ASOGF Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 06:02 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Sounds like a subtle way of saying we don't need him, but it's not Berahino's fault he's not scored, so he's still a good player and if you want him you'll have to pay full wack.

There were plenty of bods on the Oatcake questioning his suitability for how we play even before we bought him.

To be fair, if my memory serves me well the vast majority were treating the Berahino acquisition as if the messiah was turning up at the Bet365.

It's safe to say that unless something drastic happens, we saw this coming.

What I didn't see coming was Jese struggling as much as he has

There were plenty who had doubts, some to do with the player and his dubious activities, some to do with Hughes' past record of not being able to get the best out of his strikers. There were quite a few who'd clocked that he wasn't suited to playing a sole striker role.

There were plenty who took the alternative and optimistic view that we'd bought a player who'd once looked to be a really hot prospect. Ultimately, there was general enthusiasm as there usually is whenever your team buys a shiny new player. But I don't remember a vast majority being one thing or another.

Equally, I remember being told to fuck off on here when I suggested Berahino was probably worth around £12-13m, prior to that figure becoming the one that was settled on. This was because we were said to be buying a player with massive potential. My valuation was seen as an insult which wasn't intened, that's just how I saw it. No one really knew how it would turn out, though admittedly there were more Albion fans who called it as it seems to be working out.

Jese hasn't surprised too many of us. We're kind of used to this sort of thing now.

He's Michael Ricketts without the England cap.

Some of the stories from the one time he was included in a squad are priceless.
I donT like slagging off old players of ours I don't like it even more others wanting a bloke to fall on his fat arse and wanting failure for him it's hatred which hand on heart I don't get . He has moved on
(12-07-2017, 08:56 PM)Big Cyrille Wrote: I donT like slagging off old players of ours I don't like it even more others wanting a bloke to fall on his fat arse and wanting failure for him it's hatred which hand on heart I don't get . He has moved on

I'm sure McClean will really appreciate the leaving card when he goes Wink
(12-07-2017, 09:01 PM)TTM Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 08:56 PM)Big Cyrille Wrote: I donT like slagging off old players of ours I don't like it even more others wanting a bloke to fall on his fat arse and wanting failure for him it's hatred which hand on heart I don't get . He has moved on

I'm sure McClean will really appreciate the leaving card when he goes Wink

TP sends his regards for the lovely words of support you gave him whilst he was here and now he’s left also as China.

I’m just writing a couple of Christmas cards for Mike Phelan and Andy Townsend.