Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ally Rob Book Launch Tonight
A few legends there... Bryan Robson, Robertson, Giles, Wile, Brown, Regis...  and Joe Mayo.
(12-07-2017, 09:13 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 04:16 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Anyone going?

100 places 'sold out'.

Didn't know he had a book on the way, but it's on my Christmas list now. Some idiot posted on here earlier that Evans might have been worth a place in the 78/79 team. Big "no" from me to that. Not fit to lace the boots of the awesome Wile/Robbo combo.

Seriously though, very few players do the 700+ games thing these days, and even fewer do it for just two clubs. That's why we should value the 300-game players, not just today's Brunts and Mozzas, but the stalwarts of the dark years as well.

Totally agree.

(12-07-2017, 10:48 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: A few legends there... Bryan Robson, Robertson, Giles, Wile, Brown, Regis...  and Joe Mayo.

Tremendous to see them all there.
Seen this on Facebook..

"For the so called Albion fan who has nicked my signed photos of the ex players at Ally Robertson book signing I hope you have a slow painful death you thieving b###ard"
(12-08-2017, 12:22 AM)TheOddOne Wrote: Seen this on Facebook..

"For the so called Albion fan who has nicked my signed photos of the ex players at Ally Robertson book signing I hope you have a slow painful death you thieving b###ard"

Well. 

Some cunt took off with SuperBob's Wembley shirt at a previous event at The Hawthorns.

Luckily the individual was caught on CCTV and shirt returned to Bob.
Crikey, there's some right fucking wankers about.
Did Ally Robertson mention the time i met him in the chipshop in wollaston and shook hands with him?
(12-08-2017, 04:04 PM)Jezstatham Wrote: Did Ally Robertson mention the time i met him in the chipshop in wollaston and shook hands with him?

The one on the traffic island?
I had the pleasure of an hour interviewing Ally Rob for a feature in the Worcester Evening News in the late 90s. He was then working at the Rover garage in Shirley and I sat in the office with him as he regaled tales galore.
Seemed genuinely pained at his fall out with Albion, in other words Saunders, that made him join the exodus to Wolves.
Totally fell out of love with football he did for a while, but at that time was beginning to be welcomed back into the Albion fold.
A top bloke, epitome of what a brave centre half was, and a true, true legend.
How he never got to play for Scotland is a travesty, but a sign of how good the Scots were in the 70s/80s with the likes of Buchan, McQueen, McLeish etc.
(12-08-2017, 04:04 PM)Jezstatham Wrote: Did Ally Robertson mention the time i met him in the chipshop in wollaston and shook hands with him?

Was there anyone there with a nice arse? Asking on behalf of a friend
(12-08-2017, 12:36 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Crikey, there's some right fucking wankers about.

(12-08-2017, 06:38 PM)Donegal Wrote:

Was there anyone there with a nice arse? Asking on behalf of a friend

Yes. I was there.