Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half and half scarves
(12-07-2017, 01:57 PM)Old Stroller Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 01:38 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote: There is one step further which is even more bellendish than an half and half scarf, andthat is the half and half replica shirts!

Like these ones for Chelsea v Swansea, you mean?

[Image: blackburn-rovers-17-18-home-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg]

No. These idiotic things. 

[Image: sunderlund-arsenal-shirt-e1425120159339.jpg]

Bonus points for spotting the blindingly obvious stupidity of the image.
What is it with all these "moody" photo shoots these days?
My opinion matters
(12-07-2017, 02:41 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: What is it with all these "moody" photo shoots these days?

I'd tell you but what's the point, as it would just go i one ear and out of the other. You never listen to me.
For my onions, I am pretty ambivalent about this.

We are all moaning about getting new support and more bums on seats, and then carp about half and halfers. I am guessing that most folk who buy these scarfs are one-off attendees who are obviously not diehards, and are there for the day out, enjoying a sense of occasion. They are not into the tribal nature of things, and maybe just after a taste of the "Premiership experience". Maybe new fans in the making, if the experience moves them.

We all started supporting our club at some point. Me dad used to walk down to the ground (back in the sixties) with me and my brother on either side hand in hand- he wore  one Albion Rosette (remember them.....) and one Leeds Utd rosette, as we both supported different clubs. He wasn't supporting either really, just getting two young sons into the football experience, and sitting on the fence. He didn't get any argy bargy as I recollect.

If i was a one off football tourist, going to the Hawthorns for the first time, I would probably FODTW if i got a load of sanctimonious shit from other "fans" about a half and half scarf. Not that they would be any better received there of course .....
(12-07-2017, 05:37 PM)Llandudno Baggie Wrote: For my onions, I am pretty ambivalent about this.

We are all moaning about getting new support and more bums on seats, and then carp about half and halfers. I am guessing that most folk who buy these scarfs are one-off attendees who are obviously not diehards, and are there for the day out, enjoying a sense of occasion. They are not into the tribal nature of things, and maybe just after a taste of the "Premiership experience". Maybe new fans in the making, if the experience moves them.

We all started supporting our club at some point. Me dad used to walk down to the ground (back in the sixties) with me and my brother on either side hand in hand- he wore  one Albion Rosette (remember them.....) and one Leeds Utd rosette, as we both supported different clubs. He wasn't supporting either really, just getting two young sons into the football experience, and sitting on the fence. He didn't get any argy bargy as I recollect.

If i was a one off football tourist, going to the Hawthorns for the first time, I would probably FODTW if i got a load of sanctimonious shit from other "fans" about a half and half scarf. Not that they would be any better received there of course .....

The only time I could possibly see the logic in buying one is maybe (and I stress maybe) at a one-off event like a Cup Final as a memento to be stuffed straight in the bag but for a league game? It's utterly ridiculous.
Their market is generally young kids from the local area who support one of the big clubs and they have got their parents to take them to the game at The Hawthorns. The parents obviously can’t get tickets in the away end but little Johnny wants to wear his United/City/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea scarf. Hence the birth and continued annoyance of half and half scarves.
(12-07-2017, 05:37 PM)Llandudno Baggie Wrote: For my onions, I am pretty ambivalent about this.

Good luck wearing your half and half scarf at Molineux.......
I will buy one for the Man v Biscuit game whether you lot like it or not.
(12-07-2017, 07:31 PM)swordfish Wrote:

Good luck wearing your half and half scarf at Molineux.......

Sorry Swordy lad, but did you actually read my last few words? Or even the words before. Besides, I do the ellipses around here, (despite my economy of posting) ................................. Wink
Just saw something really odd whilst out running... A bloke in a Chelsea hoodie, Spurs shorts and odd socks that looked a lot like one from each team.

Fuck's that about?