Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump at it again
(12-07-2017, 09:32 AM)BoringBaggie Wrote: Why are they saying that? It's grossly irresponsible and reckless, the peace accords and UN stance are like that for a reason.

They're saying that because it's the truth on the ground. Denying that Jerusalem is the operating capital of Israel is rather like suggesting the Earth is flat.
There are many things which are true, some of them indisputable. One of the things which makes us civilised is exercising restraint and choosing our moments.
(12-11-2017, 09:43 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 09:32 AM)BoringBaggie Wrote: Why are they saying that? It's grossly irresponsible and reckless, the peace accords and UN stance are like that for a reason.

They're saying that because it's the truth on the ground. Denying that Jerusalem is the operating capital of Israel is rather like suggesting the Earth is flat.

It may well be the operating capital but there is a reason only the US and Czech Republic recognise it as such officially. It's a very reckless statement and very dangerous.
(12-11-2017, 10:38 AM)Ossian Wrote: There are many things which are true, some of them indisputable. One of the things which makes us civilised is exercising restraint and choosing our moments.

The question was "why are they saying that?". The answer is "Because it's true".

I agree with your second point, but who expects restraint from an extreme narcissist?
Roy Moore is looking for a recount. He's hoping to find out she was 20. 

And Trump was right all along - It wasn't me!

[Image: f-moore-a-20171124-870x533.jpg]
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/12/politi...53PMVODtop

This is brilliant. The slack jawed yokel look perfected to a T.
My favourite quote from last night's election:

Cal Zastrow, a friend of Moore who had come down from Michigan to volunteer for the campaign, tried to frame the results within a bigger picture. “I was cheering for him and supporting him but Jesus is wonderful whether Roy Moore wins or loses,” he said. “I’m not distressed. I’m not discouraged. Jesus is wonderful.”