Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek Mcinnes
(12-06-2017, 04:50 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 04:40 PM)thr1879 Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 02:55 PM)richbaggie Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 02:48 PM)thr1879 Wrote: Don't get the big love in regarding McInnes whenever the WBA job comes up. Great servant to WBA, but hasn't exactly pulled up trees in his management career. Failed at Bristol City in the Championship and now managing at a level equivalent to the third tier of English football. I hope he has success and builds a career, but he's a good way off managing at prem level IMHO.
Did a great job at St Johnstone with what he had. Kept Bristol City up when a shoe in for relegation. The club were in a complete mess off the pitch and the fire fighting got too much and they got relegated year after. He has maximised what he can at Aberdeen. 

He is a brilliant  man manager from what I have read about him, with innovative  ideas on the training pitch. He is a good manager with potential to be a very good one at the highest level.
I'd forgotten about St Johnstone. He did well there. Still think he needs to do a decent job at a Championship club before he gets a prem job.

Agreed.  Would like to see how he goes on at a half decent Champo club (not a basket-case as Bristol C then were).

Problem is that if he gets a half decent champo club then success is likely to be promotion to the PL.  At which point the chances of us being attractive to him fall dramatically.  He'll either be a PL failure with relegation or a success and not be interested.  Look at how Sean Dyche's stock has risen.

The same managerial career (to date) for someone that was an ex-dingle or villa hero and we'd all be up in arms.
My opinion matters
It'll probably never happen but I do think his would have been an exciting appointment. As a player he used to go on about how advanced the French league was behind the scenes. Seems to me like he's been a manager- in -waiting most of his career. I hope he does get a another chance in England.
Turns down Rangers
Wise wise man
Big fan bases but 2 basket case clubs
(12-07-2017, 09:54 PM)Donegal Wrote: Wise wise man
Big fan bases but 2 basket case clubs

Aberdeen are also better at the moment without the stupid amount of pressure at Rangers he'd be under.

Good sensible decision.