Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A trip to 'little Albion' for yours truly
(12-06-2017, 01:36 PM)Beano16 Wrote: Just for the sake of balance and a post, does anyone remember the shop when it was sited in the lower
floor of a cupboard in the Halfords?

Now that was fuggin "little Albion"  Big Grin

Trev the Shed squatting on the bench next to Burky at Tranmere circa 1994
(12-06-2017, 01:50 PM)WilesBandagedHead Wrote: Interesting thread this is as to the attitude of some on this board. The original poster doesn't make out that he's anything other than irritated at the failings in our commercial department, yet it's like a handful of posters seem to have got some glee in the fact that he's been inconvenienced. Poor!

I think you'll find he didn't want to pay the delivery charge for the shirt.

Understandable but tight.

If so tough, it's a forum and we're all here for the entertainment of others.
(12-06-2017, 01:54 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 01:36 PM)Beano16 Wrote: Just for the sake of balance and a post, does anyone remember the shop when it was sited in the lower
floor of a cupboard in the Halfords?

Now that was fuggin "little Albion"  Big Grin

Trev the Shed squatting on the bench next to Burky at Tranmere circa 1994

Exocet in hand Big Grin
(12-06-2017, 01:50 PM)WilesBandagedHead Wrote: Interesting thread this is as to the attitude of some on this board. The original poster doesn't make out that he's anything other than irritated at the failings in our commercial department, yet it's like a handful of posters seem to have got some glee in the fact that he's been inconvenienced. Poor!

Here to help.
(12-06-2017, 01:48 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 12:59 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote: As some of you may recall I ordered the complete home kit for my lad's whose birthday it is this week. I wanted to pick it up last week when I was over at a funeral at Rowley Regis Crem. My plan was pop into the shop and get the name put on the back and then go off to the funeral. The club shop messed it up and just sent it to me by post so the back of it is bare.
I've tried to get his name and number on the back and thought i'd succeeded as my local Sports Direct said yesterday they'd do it, but I've now just had a phone call saying they won't and will refund the money I handed over yesterday and give the shirt back. The point is as the shirt wasn't bought from there then if they damaged it they couldn't replace it. I do sympathise with their predicament.
So I'm left with no alternative, but have a 48 mile round the motorway trip taking out a couple of hours during my working week, as we are such a small minded club we can't possibly think it'd be right to sell West Bromwich Albion shirts anywhere other than within a 5 mile radius of the ground out of two outlets. 
OK, I don't live in the Outer Hebrides, but not being able to get a shirt here in a slightly further outpost of the W Mids (Solihull), when I can get Everton's away kit, plus also Panathinaikos and  a host of other random foreign clubs says it all. 
And we wonder why our support base isn't growing after 8 years in the Prem and being the only W Mids club in the world's most lucrative league.
Getting to the root of 'little Albion' mindset isn't too much of a mystery.
I remember your original thread but I'm still a little confused by this.

Printing costs £15, if you'd wanted a printed shirt ready to pick up in person it would have cost £55 as opposed to £40.
Surely you will have noticed this when buying online?

If you called the shop and explained your predicament in the first instance (wanted to pick it up in person because you didn't want pay for delivery?) you would still have been charged the £15 for printing.

Why didn't you take the un-printed shirt to the club shop to have his lettering added on the day of the funeral that you were popping over to Rowley for?

Preferred option:
Enter shop/pick up pre-printed shirt/leave shop with printed shirt.

Compromise solution:
Enter shop/hand over un-printed shirt/shirt becomes printed/leave shop with printed shirt.

Actual solution (I think):
Don't pay delivery charge/complain to shop for not printing name on shirt when printing hasn't been paid for/do not get shirt printed at club shop/look for alternate means of printing/go to shop to get shirt printed after two round trips instead of one with the second trip being a real inconvenience/go to online forum and slag the club for your own tightfisted, short sighted and poorly thought out plan which went horribly wrong.

I'm still very confused and none the wiser to be honest  Big Grin .
I rang up shop on the morning of the funeral and they only had one left in his size which had been posted to me, but hadn't arrived. It just to do with the club shop being incompetent.  It arrived 2 days later. It was a simple plan of just collecting the only one in his size and then having it printed whilst I was there. 
Really not rocket science or a great world plan with ulterior motives etc. 
The other plan would have been when the shirt didn't arrive asking my sister-in-law to cancel her mother's cremation for a few days, but not sure they would have agreed with that.
By the way, don't give a crap about a couple of quid for delivery. Running my own biz, having 2 young kids, and an ill-mother-in-law means time is precious.
(12-06-2017, 02:02 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 01:48 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 12:59 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote: As some of you may recall I ordered the complete home kit for my lad's whose birthday it is this week. I wanted to pick it up last week when I was over at a funeral at Rowley Regis Crem. My plan was pop into the shop and get the name put on the back and then go off to the funeral. The club shop messed it up and just sent it to me by post so the back of it is bare.
I've tried to get his name and number on the back and thought i'd succeeded as my local Sports Direct said yesterday they'd do it, but I've now just had a phone call saying they won't and will refund the money I handed over yesterday and give the shirt back. The point is as the shirt wasn't bought from there then if they damaged it they couldn't replace it. I do sympathise with their predicament.
So I'm left with no alternative, but have a 48 mile round the motorway trip taking out a couple of hours during my working week, as we are such a small minded club we can't possibly think it'd be right to sell West Bromwich Albion shirts anywhere other than within a 5 mile radius of the ground out of two outlets. 
OK, I don't live in the Outer Hebrides, but not being able to get a shirt here in a slightly further outpost of the W Mids (Solihull), when I can get Everton's away kit, plus also Panathinaikos and  a host of other random foreign clubs says it all. 
And we wonder why our support base isn't growing after 8 years in the Prem and being the only W Mids club in the world's most lucrative league.
I remember your original thread but I'm still a little confused by this.

Printing costs £15, if you'd wanted a printed shirt ready to pick up in person it would have cost £55 as opposed to £40.
Surely you will have noticed this when buying online?

If you called the shop and explained your predicament in the first instance (wanted to pick it up in person because you didn't want pay for delivery?) you would still have been charged the £15 for printing.

Why didn't you take the un-printed shirt to the club shop to have his lettering added on the day of the funeral that you were popping over to Rowley for?

Preferred option:
Enter shop/pick up pre-printed shirt/leave shop with printed shirt.

Compromise solution:
Enter shop/hand over un-printed shirt/shirt becomes printed/leave shop with printed shirt.

Actual solution (I think):
Don't pay delivery charge/complain to shop for not printing name on shirt when printing hasn't been paid for/do not get shirt printed at club shop/look for alternate means of printing/go to shop to get shirt printed after two round trips instead of one with the second trip being a real inconvenience/go to online forum and slag the club for your own tightfisted, short sighted and poorly thought out plan which went horribly wrong.

I'm still very confused and none the wiser to be honest  Big Grin .
I rang up shop on the morning of the funeral and they only had one left in his size which had been posted to me, but hadn't arrived. It just to do with the club shop being incompetent.  It arrived 2 days later. It was a simple plan of just collecting the only one in his size and then having it printed whilst I was there. 
Really not rocket science or a great world plan with ulterior motives etc. 
The other plan would have been when the shirt didn't arrive asking my sister-in-law to cancel her mother's cremation for a few days, but not sure they would have agreed with that.

I don't think that would have worked out too well either to be honest  Wink .
Lights candle
I'm with Spandeau on this. Basic customer relations.

If that was any other retailer I wouldn’t ever go back there.
Coz its Albion we have no choice.
Albion should be bending over backwards to accommodate you!
I've been of the opinion that our club merchandising has been ridiculously small minded for years. OK, you have the online shop, and yes there are harping on's about there is no retail value in shirts, based on the price mark-up etc... However, we should be at least putting our shirts and scarfs within local sport stores within the local area, that being Brum, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall. We should have done it years ago - but for decisions on the commercial side that we will never know, probably down to money anyway.