Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A trip to 'little Albion' for yours truly
P_K Wrote:
Baggie66 Wrote:
spandaubaggie Wrote:So I'm left with no alternative, but have a 48 mile round the motorway trip taking out a couple of hours during my working week,

Whenever I’m feeling a bit fed up with my lot or think that life is treating me a bit unfairly I only have to read harrowing tales like this to put it all into perspective.

I'm going to set up a JustGiving page I think.

#prayforspandau
(12-06-2017, 01:24 PM)Duffmon Wrote: It's slowly getting better, I noted a month or so ago that you could buy our shirt in JD's on Oxford St.

Not being able to get one in Birmingham City Centre however is fuggin criminal.

I think the limit of our exposure was some cheap, shitty dance routine done at Grand Central a few years back wasn't it?
Just for the sake of balance and a post, does anyone remember the shop when it was sited in the lower
floor of a cupboard in the Halfords?

Now that was fuggin "little Albion"  Big Grin
(12-06-2017, 01:36 PM)Beano16 Wrote: Just for the sake of balance and a post, does anyone remember the shop when it was sited in the lower
floor of a cupboard in the Halfords?

Now that was fuggin "little Albion"  Big Grin

I do, but we were a third tier club back then. Unfortunately our commercial department still thinks like one.
(12-06-2017, 01:34 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 01:24 PM)Duffmon Wrote: It's slowly getting better, I noted a month or so ago that you could buy our shirt in JD's on Oxford St.

I think the limit of our exposure was some cheap, shitty dance routine done at Grand Central a few years back wasn't it?

You forgot the advert outside the Villa store that took advertised "Premier League football".

I really don't get what was stopping the club from asking the Adidas store in Birmingham from supplying our shirts. I'll have a look tomorrow as well but I'm not sure that one of the JD's in Brum city centre has it either.
[Image: Untitled.png]
(12-06-2017, 12:59 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote: As some of you may recall I ordered the complete home kit for my lad's whose birthday it is this week. I wanted to pick it up last week when I was over at a funeral at Rowley Regis Crem. My plan was pop into the shop and get the name put on the back and then go off to the funeral. The club shop messed it up and just sent it to me by post so the back of it is bare.
I've tried to get his name and number on the back and thought i'd succeeded as my local Sports Direct said yesterday they'd do it, but I've now just had a phone call saying they won't and will refund the money I handed over yesterday and give the shirt back. The point is as the shirt wasn't bought from there then if they damaged it they couldn't replace it. I do sympathise with their predicament.
So I'm left with no alternative, but have a 48 mile round the motorway trip taking out a couple of hours during my working week, as we are such a small minded club we can't possibly think it'd be right to sell West Bromwich Albion shirts anywhere other than within a 5 mile radius of the ground out of two outlets. 
OK, I don't live in the Outer Hebrides, but not being able to get a shirt here in a slightly further outpost of the W Mids (Solihull), when I can get Everton's away kit, plus also Panathinaikos and  a host of other random foreign clubs says it all. 
And we wonder why our support base isn't growing after 8 years in the Prem and being the only W Mids club in the world's most lucrative league.
Getting to the root of 'little Albion' mindset isn't too much of a mystery.
I remember your original thread but I'm still a little confused by this.

Printing costs £15, if you'd wanted a printed shirt ready to pick up in person it would have cost £55 as opposed to £40.
Surely you will have noticed this when buying online?

If you called the shop and explained your predicament in the first instance (wanted to pick it up in person because you didn't want pay for delivery?) you would still have been charged the £15 for printing.

Why didn't you take the un-printed shirt to the club shop to have his lettering added on the day of the funeral that you were popping over to Rowley for?

Preferred option:
Enter shop/pick up pre-printed shirt/leave shop with printed shirt.

Compromise solution:
Enter shop/hand over un-printed shirt/shirt becomes printed/leave shop with printed shirt.

Actual solution (I think):
Don't pay delivery charge/complain to shop for not printing name on shirt when printing hasn't been paid for/do not get shirt printed at club shop/look for alternate means of printing/go to shop to get shirt printed after two round trips instead of one with the second trip being a real inconvenience/go to online forum and slag the club for your own tightfisted, short sighted and poorly thought out plan which went horribly wrong.

I'm still very confused and none the wiser to be honest  Big Grin .
Interesting thread this is as to the attitude of some on this board. The original poster doesn't make out that he's anything other than irritated at the failings in our commercial department, yet it's like a handful of posters seem to have got some glee in the fact that he's been inconvenienced. Poor!
WilesBandagedHead Wrote:Interesting thread this is as to the attitude of some on this board. The original poster doesn't make out that he's anything other than irritated at the failings in our commercial department, yet it's like a handful of posters seem to have got some glee in the fact that he's been inconvenienced. Poor!

We feed on the pain of others.
(12-06-2017, 01:44 PM)P_K Wrote: [Image: Untitled.png]

Big Grin