Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Moments in time.
(12-06-2017, 09:07 PM)alfabaggie Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 07:57 PM)swordfish Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 01:12 PM)Mr Vertical Wrote: Without getting too soppy (and breaking the space/time continuum) I'd like to have met both of my Granddads as they were both gone before I was born. Failing that: Leeds University Refectory Feb 14th 1970.

The Who live at Leeds? Had to ask.

I was at their Sheffield Uni gig a couple of months later (early May I think). They did all of the numbers from the Live at Leeds album, plus a few more old hit numbers and all of Tommy.
Townshend was windmilling in his white boiler suit, Daltrey was swinging his mike out as far as he could over the audience, Moon was destroying the stage and Entwhistle was standing in a corner looking as though he didn't belong.

I think I paid twelve shillings and sixpence (62.5p) for my ticket.
That's the show I was alluding to, yes. My old boss saw them around that time with The James Gang as support. Live at Leeds is probably my favourite official live album.
There are loads of gigs I'd like to have seen... most notably Zeppelin on their spring 73 run of shows in Germany, Holland etc. as it's widely regarded as their best ever live stuff (instrumentally anyway). My mate Pete saw them when they were still being billed as The New Yardbirds too which he never lets me forget.