Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks lads
https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2017/1204...otiations/

We will never see a border on this island again

Westminster selling NI down the river? Arlene and Sammy will be doing their nut. Where now for the DUP in propping up the cabal of incompetents?
Election after Christmas which Corbyn will romp, a United Ireland and I get my blue passport back. Starting to regret voting remain now.

Arise Sir Nigel of Farage.
[Image: DQNCvrZWAAEC7tD.jpg]
You get your blue passport back and your country back at the same time! Bloody great Christmas pressie.

perhaps now wee Sammy & the rest of the Unionist community will realise that Westminster couldn't give two shits about them. They are only pawns to May & co & deserve no better than a sell out.

When you think about it we have reached a whole new level of stupidity. So we have:

1) A variety of Unionist parties who want to remain united with England, Scotland and Wales, where the vast majority don't want anything to do with them.

2) Nationalist parties who want to join a Republic that wants nothing to do with them.
Nothing's been confirmed yet, but if it is what's being reported, it does look like the first step towards a united Ireland, IMO.

I've read many Brexiteers saying in the last few weeks that they don't care what the cost is so long as we leave the EU, but the must be a fair few on the right who won't be happy with this. The fact is, there was no solution for the NI border which would keep everyone happy.
Sounds like they are agreeing to everything now to move forward.
Where's the 350m battle bus these days
(12-04-2017, 03:31 PM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote: Sounds like they are agreeing to everything now to move forward.
Where's the 350m battle bus these days

It couldn't keep up with the sheer volume of reversing that Davies and May have made
[quote pid='170701' dateline='1512394396']

2) Nationalist parties who want to join a Republic that wants nothing to do with them.
[/quote]

I think many would vote with their hearts rather than their heads if it went to a referendum. Not that a referendum would necessarily be necessary, given that the constitution still stands?
Well said Nicola Sturgeon, time to stop sitting on the fence Labour.

"This could be the moment for opposition and soft Brexit/remain Tories to force a different, less damaging approach - keep the UK in the single market and customs union. But it needs Labour to get its act together. How about it @jeremycorbyn?"
I said exactly this to my wife yesterday: if Corbyn is smart he would offer - on an item by item basis - to support the government on areas of common ground. If, in doing that, he marginalised the DUP, then so much the better.

Sadly I'm not sure Corbyn is enough of a pragmatist to engage in Realpolitik.