RLB sacked
(06-26-2020, 11:05 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: The year before water privatisation the South West Water Authority were responsible for the Camelford incident and their response and the response of public officials in Cornwall was to cover it up, in fact encouraging people to keep drinking it. Since privatisation an event of that nature has not occurred in England. There was an issue in Scotland over water pollution in 2017 but Scottish Water is publicly owned and operated by the Scottish government. The success of water privatisation has been a huge increase in water quality in the UK since privatisation.

As for cost, Ofwat set the price limits so blame them.Right align the Customer Download

You can blame me I wrote the original financial model to do this.... [tin hat on]
(06-26-2020, 11:05 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: The year before water privatisation the South West Water Authority were responsible for the Camelford incident and their response and the response of public officials in Cornwall was to cover it up, in fact encouraging people to keep drinking it. Since privatisation an event of that nature has not occurred in England. There was an issue in Scotland over water pollution in 2017 but Scottish Water is publicly owned and operated by the Scottish government. The success of water privatisation has been a huge increase in water quality in the UK since privatisation.

As for cost, Ofwat set the price limits so blame them.

The investment in water and water quaility would never have happened without privatisation.
(06-25-2020, 02:27 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Starmer shows the mop haired man child how to deal with team members that break the rules, She's shared an article claiming Isreali forces were responsible for training the US police to kneel on necks.

How gullible are you? He sacked her because he wanted her out.

You also omit that Tahir Ali, Stephen Kinnock and Rosie Duffield all continue to receive the whip despite breaking the lockdown law - not merely 'might' - have done so - (2 of whom were spoken to by the police) and that Duffield was a vehement critic of Cummings all whilst she was breaking the law to carry-on a seedy affair.

I am also aware that Kinnock and Ali broke the law before he became leader (I think) but if your argument holds and he is this big, brave disciplinarian then he would see that their lawbreaking makes them unfit to continue as Labour MPs.
Criticising Israel is not anti-Semitic. It's like saying being critical of apartheid South Africa was anti-white.

The other Semites in the region, the Palestinians, don't get a look in.
(06-26-2020, 12:23 PM)Neil Parsley Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 02:27 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Starmer shows the mop haired man child how to deal with team members that break the rules, She's shared an article claiming Isreali forces were responsible for training the US police to kneel on necks.

How gullible are you? He sacked her because he wanted her out.

You also omit that Tahir Ali, Stephen Kinnock and Rosie Duffield all continue to receive the whip despite breaking the lockdown law - not merely 'might' - have done so - (2 of whom were spoken to by the police) and that Duffield was a vehement critic of Cummings all whilst she was breaking the law to carry-on a seedy affair.

I am also aware that Kinnock and Ali broke the law before he became leader (I think) but if your argument holds and he is this big, brave disciplinarian then he would see that their lawbreaking makes them unfit to continue as Labour MPs.

Not gullible enough to buy into all the Facebook campaigns and twitterati stories.

RLB has linked an article / interview that was not only inaccurate, it pro-actively included an item falsely linking Israel to the death of a black man in the US. Not a major thing I hear you say, but it is in this day and age of 5G conspiracies, anti face mask civil rights marches, and monument protectors. It is this very seeping of information that gets into the psyche of the morons in society and gives them licence to state the Israel connection as fact and therefore reason to show that the state of Israel is evil.

When you also look at the fact that RLB has been in opposition when they have had extensive training and teaching on how anti-Semitic movements get traction, and Starmer is trying to get a team together that don't just 'wing it' or leave inaccuracies like this unchallenged then you will understand why she had to go. You ignore the point that in keeping some of the Corbyn legacy at the top table he also kept the labour party from the infighting that has plagued them for so long, so by removing her he knows he will open old wounds that will distract from the job at hand.

You then move onto Ali, Kinnock and Duffield. Ali went to a funeral, recognised he was in the wrong and apologised, Kinnock saw his dad on his birthday and Duffield resigned as a whip - as they are all in opposition they can't resign much else. These actions pale in comparison with a front bench opposition MP propagating a story that will encourage anti-semitic behaviour down the line.
(06-26-2020, 12:41 PM)bradesbaggie Wrote: Criticising Israel is not anti-Semitic. It's like saying being critical of apartheid South Africa was anti-white.

But claiming Jews have a malevolent hand in everything is Anti-semitic.

Replying to anything a Jewish MP says to accuse them of killing Palestinian children is Anti-semitic.

As for Palestinians not getting a look in, the self-proclaimed"Pro-Palestinian" Movement are very selective about which Palestinians they care about. Most of them support the Assad regime in Syria, which has starved and murdered thousands of Syrian Palestinians.
(06-26-2020, 09:31 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Echoes of 1983-85 under a new leader on the long road back from ideological insanity.

The Left has had it for another generation thank goodness. Next time it will be my kids' turn to fight it.

Or possibly '92 when a new government screwed up so badly within its first few months that it was never able to recover.
(06-26-2020, 12:41 PM)bradesbaggie Wrote: Criticising Israel is not anti-Semitic. It's like saying being critical of apartheid South Africa was anti-white.

Maxine Peake stated in the article that “The tactics used by the police in America, kneeling on George Floyd’s neck, that was learnt from seminars with Israeli secret services.”

This is an exceptionally politically charged statement to make in the current climate, and is also a lie. It's a classic anti-semitic trope.
(06-26-2020, 04:51 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

Maxine Peake stated in the article that “The tactics used by the police in America, kneeling on George Floyd’s neck, that was learnt from seminars with Israeli secret services.”

This is an exceptionally politically charged statement to make in the current climate, and is also a lie. It's a classic anti-semitic trope.

I simply think the lazy retweeting of things other people has said lies at the heart of this. Are politicians so addicted to social media to the point that they just can't help themselves? How many times do they check the source of information in the original tweet. How often do they concern themselves with the potential negative impact of information they may seek to spread?

Unfortunately this action (tweeting, retweeting, etc., etc.) is a modern virus that seems as difficult to control as Covid.  I thought RLB was lazy and unthinking in utilising a post made by an actress she likes without considering the possibility that the facts inherently contained may not be quite facts after all. i.e. dim.
(06-27-2020, 08:49 AM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 04:51 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

I simply think the lazy retweeting of things other people has said lies at the heart of this. Are politicians so addicted to social media to the point that they just can't help themselves? How many times do they check the source of information in the original tweet. How often do they concern themselves with the potential negative impact of information they may seek to spread?

Unfortunately this action (tweeting, retweeting, etc., etc.) is a modern virus that seems as difficult to control as Covid.  I thought RLB was lazy and unthinking in utilising a post made by an actress she likes without considering the possibility that the facts inherently contained may not be quite facts after all. i.e. dim.

Wasn't she also given the opportunity to remove the post but refused? Looks as if she was spoiling for this fight too. 

Compare and contrast punishment handed out to Nadine Dorries / Lucy Allan / Maria Caulfield for sharing a doctored video about Starmer - nothing happened. Nothing at all.