Herd Immunity back on?
Or never went away? 

It seems there is very little science behind this very wide easing of the lockdown. No proper tracking, testing system in place, random and pointless guidelines, no proper plans for those shielding other than get on with it in a month. Numbers of those getting ill are similar to when we lockdown. 

It seems the government are moving towards washing their hands of responsibility.
Boris accuses Keir Starmer of using misleading Cornonavirus statistics. Keir Starmer responds with: The figures that the Prime Minister says are inadvertently misleading are from the slide at his press conference yesterday.”

Boris Johnson asks Keir Starmer to name a country with a working contact tracing app. Starmer replies that the German version has already had 12 million downloads.

Fudging question of why *two thirds* of those with Covid-19 haven’t been contacted via test & trace is so weak. Blustering on like the buffoon he is in response.

"65,000 people have lost their lives… the PM should welcome challenge that could save lives rather than complaining about it"

And his child poverty answer .... made up answers... it's a disgrace
Many said this weeks ago when the first easing of lockdown happened, but Covid numbers have continued to drop since. Seems reasonable to me to continue the easing, given the important requirement to protect jobs.

The numbers may be similar but they were rising daily fast back in March. Now they’re dropping weekly.
Not having seen the two who appeared with Boris yesterday, they both looked and
sounded uneasy with the plans the buffoon tabled.

Sadly Starmer is easily brushed aside and Boris will sadly continue to be ineffective
and continue to  preside over more deaths but at least he has the lobbyists off his
Back now so all is good.
(06-24-2020, 01:15 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Many said this weeks ago when the first easing of lockdown happened, but Covid numbers have continued to drop since. Seems reasonable to me to continue the easing, given the important requirement to protect jobs.

The numbers may be similar but they were rising daily fast back in March. Now they’re dropping weekly.

Yup. this thing isn't going away anytime soon. So it's going to be a case of back of forth until the unlikely vaccine is found or the virus adapts to its hosts and stops killing us.
Didn't think anyone sane would moooove into supporting herd immunity again.
(06-25-2020, 12:21 PM)Pneumann Wrote: Didn't think anyone sane would moooove into supporting herd immunity again.

You've milked this joke now, mooooove on
PerhaPS, on the hoof, I repeated an earlier line?
(06-24-2020, 01:07 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Or never went away? 

It seems there is very little science behind this very wide easing of the lockdown. No proper tracking, testing system in place, random and pointless guidelines, no proper plans for those shielding other than get on with it in a month. Numbers of those getting ill are similar to when we lockdown. 

It seems the government are moving towards washing their hands of responsibility.

Herd immunity is simply a phenomenon that leads to a pathogen no longer being a present threat in a population. That is the only means by which a population eradicates a communicable disease. 

From this, left-wing and remain liars have tried to claim that the Government's approach was for herd immunity to be reached by letting the disease tear-through the population. To back this up they use a dishonestly-edited* clip of the PM on This Morning where he says take it on the chin would be one approach but then goes on to reject it. https://fullfact.org/health/boris-johnso...s-morning/

Herd immunity as soon as possible clearly is not the chosen approach when the country has been locked-up for the past 3 months.

I can't decide whether the people making these claims are thick, dishonest or both. 

*Dishonestly edited clips were a speciality of Stronger In during the referendum campaign so I suppose there should be no surprise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23JqlqGvAzo
(06-26-2020, 12:33 PM)Neil Parsley Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 01:07 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Or never went away? 

Herd immunity is simply a phenomenon that leads to a pathogen no longer being a present threat in a population. That is the only means by which a population eradicates a communicable disease. 

From this, left-wing and remain liars have tried to claim that the Government's approach was for herd immunity to be reached by letting the disease tear-through the population. To back this up they use a dishonestly-edited* clip of the PM on This Morning where he says take it on the chin would be one approach but then goes on to reject it. https://fullfact.org/health/boris-johnso...s-morning/

Herd immunity as soon as possible clearly is not the chosen approach when the country has been locked-up for the past 3 months.

I can't decide whether the people making these claims are thick, dishonest or both. 

*Dishonestly edited clips were a speciality of Stronger In during the referendum campaign so I suppose there should be no surprise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23JqlqGvAzo

I wouldn't bother NP. DH is so entrenched in his views his mind is made up on this and won't let simple facts destroy that