Almost 4 years since the referendum
(06-19-2020, 11:17 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 11:06 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Isn’t this what any government be they blue, red, orange or polka dot would do to help their citizens at a time of crisis that had nothing to do with them?

I don't see why you're constantly complaining then. You have everything you want.

I have welcomed the governments financial support, I started a thread regarding it. How they have handled the wider Covid crisis is far from welcome.

You have side stepped / ignored the questions I put to you, as someone who has flounced from the party he has campaigned for and subsequently got angry with over schools and the financial support. Tell us what you would have done differently?
(06-19-2020, 11:20 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 11:06 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Isn’t this what any government be they blue, red, orange or polka dot would do to help their citizens at a time of crisis that had nothing to do with them?

I don't see why you're constantly complaining then. You have everything you want.

Problem is Proth that all of those arrive after the cabinet realise there isn't any way of not providing / granting them. They have to be dragged to every decision with the exception of Furlough. They follow not lead and that is shocking for any govt, but taken with the complete buffoonery of their almost daily gaffs we are being led by idiots.

Quite. But only outcomes actually matter. Dekka has eveything he wants.

(06-19-2020, 11:25 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Tell us what you would have done differently?

Since when? How long have you got? Big Grin
(06-19-2020, 11:46 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 11:20 AM)baggy1 Wrote:

Problem is Proth that all of those arrive after the cabinet realise there isn't any way of not providing / granting them. They have to be dragged to every decision with the exception of Furlough. They follow not lead and that is shocking for any govt, but taken with the complete buffoonery of their almost daily gaffs we are being led by idiots.

Quite. But only outcomes actually matter. Dekka has eveything he wants.

(06-19-2020, 11:25 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Tell us what you would have done differently?

Since when? How long have you got? Big Grin

Bullet points will do. Wink
(06-19-2020, 11:25 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

I have welcomed the governments financial support, I started a thread regarding it. How they have handled the wider Covid crisis is far from welcome.

You have side stepped / ignored the questions I put to you, as someone who has flounced from the party he has campaigned for and subsequently got angry with over schools and the financial support. Tell us what you would have done differently?
Im glad you had financial support derek but if that was me i couldnt slag the government off i would be internally grateful to them no matter what they have done ......without their financial support like 7 million others you would probably be in the thick ,brown and smelly .
(06-19-2020, 12:07 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Im glad you had financial support derek but if that was me i couldnt slag the government off i would be internally grateful to them no matter what they have done ......without their financial support like 7 million others you would probably be in the thick ,brown and smelly .

So you wouldn't feel the need to express your gratitude at all...
yes you should i think its hypocritical taking money off them really saving youre family then in the same sentence calling them tossers ...........i just dont get it but your hatred of them just doesnt digest how it comes across .
Over my lifetime, I've paid millions INTO governments of all colours.

I don't expect those governments to be grateful (I've never received a 'thankyou' card!)- it's my duty. Similarly, I don't expect people who get money OUT OF the government to be grateful - that's the government's duty.

Thinking about it, I've probably been subsidising people who haven't paid as much tax as me. From now on, I expect a 'thankyou' and maybe a doffing of a cap and a nod of respect from them when we pass in the street. Perhaps they should be made to let me go first at the bar to show how grateful they are? They should definitely wear a special T shirt, so we can identify them.

Maybe I could wear a special badge and get an extra vote in elections because I have more invested in the decision?
(06-19-2020, 12:14 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 12:07 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Im glad you had financial support derek but if that was me i couldnt slag the government off i would be internally grateful to them no matter what they have done ......without their financial support like 7 million others you would probably be in the thick ,brown and smelly .

Wasted oh him  Big Grin

(06-19-2020, 12:25 PM)The liquidator Wrote: yes you should i think its hypocritical taking money off them really saving youre family then in the same sentence calling them tossers ...........i just dont get it but your hatred of them just doesnt digest how it comes across .

Do you think that only people who agree with the government should get state handouts\support?  

If that's your political input I'd suggest sticking to threatening to fight people on the general bored
(06-19-2020, 12:35 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 12:14 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote:

Wasted oh him  Big Grin

(06-19-2020, 12:25 PM)The liquidator Wrote: yes you should i think its hypocritical taking money off them really saving youre family then in the same sentence calling them tossers ...........i just dont get it but your hatred of them just doesnt digest how it comes across .

Do you think that only people who agree with the government should get state handouts\support?  

If that's your political input I'd suggest sticking to threatening to fight people on the general bored
Just shows the  state of your mentality that the government saving peoples arses and their families and you turn it around  .......arseholes.
I'm tempted to ask what things unite people on this borred, beyond their obvious appreciation for the club?

I ask, as this very thread confirms the elemental culture gap. In the words of Abe Lincoln: "A house divided against itself cannot stand." While Lincoln was optimistic that Americans would come together after the Civil War, it's hard to imagine how diverging views on society in the UK or the US can be reconciled today.