This afternoon's Birmingham "Protest"
Thanks for the invite, Proth, but I'm not exactly what you'd call sociable.
(06-05-2020, 08:13 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Don't believe me? Come on a night out with black, asian and gay Tories and they'll tell you everything you need to know about this.

Who in their right mind would want to hang about with Tories.
(06-05-2020, 08:13 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 07:51 AM)Ossian Wrote: Except that wasn't the poster's narrative; or are you really so lacking in nuance that you can't draw a distinction between self-loathing and a spot of introspection now and again?

It's completely the narrative. This narrative has been rammed down the throat of the last two generations.

Let me be absolutely clear. I'll defend the the death the rights of oppressed people to protest. The murder of George Floyd is yet another stain on American history.

The UK has nothing even remotely approaching the appalling racial history of the States, in fact we're by far the most tolerant and integrated nation on Earth. So when asked to "check my privelege" I look at the motivations of those saying it - by and large they're the same people who look at every debate through the jaundiced prism of race, class or gender based victimhood. They try to drive a wedge to divide us.

Don't believe me? Come on a night out with black, asian and gay Tories and they'll tell you everything you need to know about this.

Fact? Tricky. Can you tell me how you know this?
(06-05-2020, 07:45 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 06:43 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote: Take that coat of white privilege off and have a look around.

It's very important that you hate yourself, otherwise you're racist.

Jeez, the state of this narrative.

Jeez, the state of this post.
Surely a protest gathering over the number of kids being stabbed would be more relevant in the UK right now

Usually over drug dealing county lines etc & the easy way money is made from it

All we get is platitudes from M.P's etc 

Must engage with the yoof bullshit
(06-05-2020, 08:13 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 07:51 AM)Ossian Wrote: Except that wasn't the poster's narrative; or are you really so lacking in nuance that you can't draw a distinction between self-loathing and a spot of introspection now and again?

It's completely the narrative. This narrative has been rammed down the throat of the last two generations.

Let me be absolutely clear. I'll defend the the death the rights of oppressed people to protest. The murder of George Floyd is yet another stain on American history.

The UK has nothing even remotely approaching the appalling racial history of the States, in fact we're by far the most tolerant and integrated nation on Earth. So when asked to "check my privelege" I look at the motivations of those saying it - by and large they're the same people who look at every debate through the jaundiced prism of race, class or gender based victimhood. They try to drive a wedge to divide us.

Don't believe me? Come on a night out with black, asian and gay Tories and they'll tell you everything you need to know about this.

Can I ask how you're qualified to come to this conclusion?

We don't live in an inequitable society, my two black Tory activist mates said so.  FFS.
(06-05-2020, 08:18 AM)Duffers Wrote: That must be a very small section of a Venn diagram.

Come to a Tory Party Conference, it's like a Grindr convention.

Aspirational people of any race, class or gender are naturally drawn to the Party who put a working class kid from Brixton into number 10, two female prime ministers, a multi ethnic front bench including two of the three great offices of state. All without a narrative of victimhood or the need for quotas.

As I said, look at the motivation of those seeking to drive a wedge. It wouldn't appear to be to improve race relations - quite the opposite in fact. Same goes for class and gender.

It's a big reason people vote Tory.

(06-05-2020, 09:15 AM)WWHO Wrote: Can I ask how you're qualified to come to this conclusion?

OK put it another way. Can you name me another country which has had such a huge influx of immigration in the last 60 years which is more tolerant than the UK?

I can think of several large countries in Europe alone that treat their minorities with contempt, and representatives from said minorities are nowehere near the heart of the State as they are in the UK.
(06-04-2020, 04:43 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Just seen the pictures. No Social Distancing by the look of it.

Its fucking selfish and irresponsible, regardless of the cause.cause

It's a shame that social distancing wasn't observed. It would have been a powerful statement IMO. Protestors showing the discipline that Minneapolis police officers clearly didn't.
(06-05-2020, 09:36 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 08:18 AM)Duffers Wrote: That must be a very small section of a Venn diagram.

Come to a Tory Party Conference, it's like a Grindr convention.

Aspirational people of any race, class or gender are naturally drawn to the Party who put a working class kid from Brixton into number 10, two female prime ministers, a multi ethnic front bench including two of the three great offices of state. All without a narrative of victimhood or the need for quotas.

As I said, look at the motivation of those seeking to drive a wedge. It wouldn't appear to be to improve race relations - quite the opposite in fact. Same goes for class and gender.

It's a big reason people vote Tory.

(06-05-2020, 09:15 AM)WWHO Wrote: Can I ask how you're qualified to come to this conclusion?

OK put it another way. Can you name me another country which has had such a huge influx of immigration in the last 60 years which is more tolerant than the UK?

I can think of several large countries in Europe alone that treat their minorities with contempt, and representatives from said minorities are nowehere near the heart of the State as they are in the UK.

The same party that introduced section 28,  many of its MPs opposing legislation to decriminalise homosexuality, not forgetting the party that were responsible for the Windrush scandal, had a PM who thought Mandela was a terrorist.

Given all this it's a complete mystery the lack of support the party has from Black and Asian voters.
(06-05-2020, 09:36 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

Come to a Tory Party Conference, it's like a desperate peoples Grindr convention making the most of human interaction

Aspirational people, who want to look down on poor people and tell them to "get on their bike', "go work in the fields", etc, of any race, class or gender are naturally drawn to the Party who put a working class kid from Brixton into number 10, two female prime ministers, a multi ethnic front bench including two of the three great offices of state. All without a narrative of victimhood or the need for quotas.

It's a big reason people vote Tory

Fixed it for you, and lets be honest people voted Tory to get Brexit done which means we're not beholden to those pesky foreigners, but we're not racist I have asian friends, well people I went a dinner party with once, but they were jolly nice.