Following the science?
(06-11-2020, 11:48 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 10:28 AM)Protheroe Wrote: I completely agree with you about isolation of Covid 19 patients within the NHS, but I can't agree that it's a good use of limited resources to keep a standby army of nurses and doctors on hand for a 1 in 100 year pandemic.

But they didn't have to keep an army of doctors and nurses on standby, just use the ones that they used anyway. They built temporary hospitals knowing they couldn't staff them - that was purely for the photo op. Instead they continued to use up precious hospital space when that could have been reopened for general care - absolutely bonkers!
Oh Come on Protheroe.  That is your party political broadcasting.
All those lost positions would have been usefully employed over the last ten years and in to the future in providing a decent NHS with better service and shorter waiting lists.
(06-11-2020, 12:21 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 11:44 AM)baggy1 Wrote: The steep line on the graph would have been much reduced with a earlier and harder lockdown meaning that by now we could have likely been in a position to get everything back to normal as soon as possible. We didn't and are now still in that uncertain phase.

This is the last post I will make on this matter as we're simply going round in circles.

a) "The Science" did not support an earlier Lockdown. This is a FACT. Revisionism of the FACTS now does not changed what they were at that point.

b) Lockdown could have been restricted to those most at risk. The spread of the virus may have been greater, but amongst those less likely to suffer acute problems.

c) Given that community spread & asymptomatic spread appear to be so limited there's no case for keeping schools closed.

Think we're not too far away on this matter. But certainly wasn't a fact about the science not supporting earlier lockdown. In fact the South Koreans used "their" scientific advice to lockdown early and hard.

They couldn't have known b) until they had a good data but they've known for a month or more now so schools should have been opened weeks ago - agreed