Operation CCA in full flow tonight
Release track and trace early before it's ready.

Release the lock down early when the scientific advisors are 'nervous about the fragile rate of R', just over a week since the last release of lockdown and before we've had time to see the results of that.

Refuse any answers on DC

Do anything to distract from the obvious.

Risking lives to protect DC - he must be very special
Let's hope it isn't PR - my concern comes from they've only recently released some of the lockdown and the effects from that won't have filtered through yet. We've already seen an increase in 'R' to 'just under 1' from it being between 0.4 and 0.6 in that time.
I’m just off to Barnard Castle because I can’t believe my eyes that anybody thinks this late to lockdown early to release will see anything but a second peak.
Bread and circuses.

Can't believe even these sociophobes are playing politics with peoples' lives.

I fear this could end badly. I hope it doesn't.
(05-28-2020, 08:10 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: I fear this could end badly.

All the signs are that it won't. I'll be delighted when this period is over, it's been most revealing about the nasty authoritarian tendencies of a good half of our population - and the inability of the State to muster an appropriate response.

I hope we learn from both.
The signs are that after the last easing of lockdown, two weeks ago, the R rate has risen to just under 1 from being 0.6; and we know that the flow through of this virus takes at least 2 weeks which we haven't seen yet.

What signs are telling you that it will be alright?
(05-29-2020, 09:49 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 08:10 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: I fear this could end badly.

All the signs are that it won't. I'll be delighted when this period is over, it's been most revealing about the nasty authoritarian tendencies of a good half of our population - and the inability of the State to muster an appropriate response.

I hope we learn from both.

It’s been enlightening to see who out there own ‘liberty’ above those of others for a relatively short period of time. I like to think of them as selfish xxxxx
(05-29-2020, 09:57 AM)baggy1 Wrote: The signs are that after the last easing of lockdown, two weeks ago, the R rate has risen to just under 1 from being 0.6; and we know that the flow through of this virus takes at least 2 weeks which we haven't seen yet.

That’s a little disingenuous of you B1, thought better of you.

The R rate went down to BETWEEN 0.6 to 0.9. and has now risen to BETWEEN 0.7 to 1.0  again. Not quite as dramatic as your selective interpretation of the figures suggest. 

They have intimidated that, should the rate go above 1 then lockdown would be tightened again.
JOK
(05-29-2020, 09:57 AM)baggy1 Wrote: The signs are that after the last easing of lockdown, two weeks ago, the R rate has risen to just under 1 from being 0.6; and we know that the flow through of this virus takes at least 2 weeks which we haven't seen yet.

That’s a little disingenuous of you B1, thought better of you.

The R rate went down to BETWEEN 0.6 to 0.9. and has now risen to BETWEEN 0.7 to 1.0  again. Not quite as dramatic as your selective interpretation of the figures suggest. 

They have intimidated that, should the rate go above 1 then lockdown would be tightened again.

I recall it as being between 0.4 and 0.6 so not disingenuous at all. And why would you release the restrictions before you've seen what the last changes did, especially when it has already risen before the full picture is known.

And at the same time that hospital admissions have increased slightly
(05-29-2020, 10:01 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I like to think of them as selfish xxxxx

Yes, you do. That's your authoritarian streak. I can't say it comes as much of a surprise to me.