Karma on the M6 southbound
Had to go up to Scouseland today to clear my daughter's room prior to end of tenancy. No stopping there or back by the way although I was tempted to pop into Ullswater on the way back to test my eyesight.

Anyway, in the 50mph restrictions I found myself tootaling along at just over 50. Lorries taking up inside lane and clear outer lane.
Young wanker in some pimped up VW (I think) appears from nowhere, right on my arse. Not going to speed up due to cameras, can't move in due to lorries. Outside lane totally clear for him to overtake. After spending a minute or two right on my arse he finally overtakes, cuts straight back in front of me flicking the V and doing wanker sign out of window. Quite scary for me and my daughter as I had done nothing to provoke and had not responded.
Eventually he sped off.

About a mile after restrictions ended I saw him by the side of the road, pulled over by an unmarked Police car. Not sure if he saw me blow the kiss.
It amazes me how many people don’t understand what average means, you can’t slow down fir the camera if you were doing 90+ for miles.
(05-27-2020, 02:21 PM)sickParrot Wrote: It amazes me how many people don’t understand what average means, you can’t slow down fir the camera if you were doing 90+ for miles.

I think I know what average means after a lifetime of watching the Baggies.
(05-27-2020, 02:13 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Had to go up to Scouseland today to clear my daughter's room prior to end of tenancy. No stopping there or back by the way although I was tempted to pop into Ullswater on the way back to test my eyesight.

Anyway, in the 50mph restrictions I found myself tootaling along at just over 50. Lorries taking up inside lane and clear outer lane.
Young wanker in some pimped up VW (I think) appears from nowhere, right on my arse. Not going to speed up due to cameras, can't move in due to lorries. Outside lane totally clear for him to overtake. After spending a minute or two right on my arse he finally overtakes, cuts straight back in front of me flicking the V and doing wanker sign out of window. Quite scary for me and my daughter as I had done nothing to provoke and had not responded.
Eventually he sped off.

About a mile after restrictions ended I saw him by the side of the road, pulled over by an unmarked Police car. Not sure if he saw me blow the kiss.

Nice one!!

A few years ago on the M42 the displays were showing “50” and I was in the middle lane with traffic in all lanes doing around 50, which was no surprise due to cameras above some of the gantrys.
I then had a lorry right up my arse flashing me.  I tapped my brake to get him to pull back. Still he kept flashing and driving around 10 foot behind me.  I wound my window down and gestured to him to pull over.  We both stopped on the slip road to the next exit and I lost it a bit telling him to get out of his cab.  He didn’t and he drove off.  Fucking prick, could have killed me if traffic halted quickly.
(05-27-2020, 02:13 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: Had to go up to Scouseland today to clear my daughter's room prior to end of tenancy. No stopping there or back by the way although I was tempted to pop into Ullswater on the way back to test my eyesight.

Eventually he sped off.

Nice to see justice in action!
(05-27-2020, 02:52 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Eventually he sped off.

Nice one!!

A few years ago on the M42 the displays were showing “50” and I was in the middle lane with traffic in all lanes doing around 50, which was no surprise due to cameras above some of the gantrys.
I then had a lorry right up my arse flashing me.  I tapped my brake to get him to pull back. Still he kept flashing and driving around 10 foot behind me.  I wound my window down and gestured to him to pull over.  We both stopped on the slip road to the next exit and I lost it a bit telling him to get out of his cab.  He didn’t and he drove off.  Fucking prick, could have killed me if traffic halted quickly.

I have had a few run ins with HGVs over the years. There's some right fucking dickheads allowed to drive them. Hopefully the dawn of the dashcam will see them behave better.
(05-27-2020, 03:48 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 02:52 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

Eventually he sped off.

Nice one!!

I have had a few run ins with HGVs over the years. There's some right fucking dickheads allowed to drive them. Hopefully the dawn of the dashcam will see them behave better.

During the long years of 50mph restriction on the M6 Jn 16-19, the very worst examples of reckless driving were HGVs. Particularly after dark they would go flat out, tailgating any drivers in the middle lane trying to observe the limit. Using the third lane when it suited them, overtaking at high speed on the inside lane in the smallest of gaps. It may only be a small minority of HGV drivers who behave like this, but there seems to be no penalty unless they actually kill someone.