A terrible price to pay.
For ignoring an instruction.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-52797547
The sea is treacherous for those not used to it. When my kids were very young we almost got trapped in a bay in Devon as the tide was pulling in. My wife wouldn't listen to me, chilling out, and it's the most furious I've ever been with her. Anyway, I lost it and insisted we leave and carried both of the kids out whilst I was drenched to my chest.
She never said much afterwards. We had a lucky escape. I reckon we were 15 minutes from real trouble.
In this current climate messing with the sea is very ill-advised.
Terribly sad.

We're very lucky in this country that we have remarkably brave souls prepared to risk their lives saving others.
(05-26-2020, 09:34 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Terribly sad.

We're very lucky in this country that we have remarkably brave souls prepared to risk their lives saving others.

Although from the article, there seem to be far fewer of them currently. I wonder how aware people are of that?

I'm not sure what would possess someone to enter the sea in an inflatable boat, but they have indeed paid the ultimate price.
(05-26-2020, 10:32 AM)Squid Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 09:34 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Terribly sad.

Although from the article, there seem to be far fewer of them currently. I wonder how aware people are of that?

I'm not sure what would possess someone to enter the sea in an inflatable boat, but they have indeed paid the ultimate price.

The problem is it has been widely publicized that there are no lifeguards due to the pandemic and it is sadly being ignored.