Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anna Soubry
(11-15-2017, 09:01 PM)Donegal Wrote: I'm still scratching my head about Ossians 3 Tories
He's three nil up on me

Who was the tory who hung himself with oranges stuck up his arse and dressed in stockings?
Well, if I did add Anna Soubry, she'd be joining Benjamin Disraeli and Ian Gilmour on that very short list.

Not really sure she quite belongs in that company.
(11-15-2017, 09:20 PM)Ossian Wrote: Well, if I did add Anna Soubry, she'd be joining Benjamin Disraeli and Ian Gilmour on that very short list.

Gilmour was president of medical aid for palestinians for 3 years 
So is probably hated by most of todays tories
(11-15-2017, 08:47 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I liked her on Central Weekend but I was usually trying to pretend I wasn’t drunk to my Mom and Dad when she was on.

Big Grin

That sounds very familiar. TV of and for the pissed up.

(11-15-2017, 09:20 PM)Ossian Wrote: Well, if I did add Anna Soubry, she'd be joining Benjamin Disraeli and Ian Gilmour on that very short list.

You win 3 none
(11-15-2017, 04:59 PM)Ossian Wrote: Presumably a skeleton free closet as well, if the ineffectiveness of the whips is any guide.

I might have to add her to my list of Tories about whom I could say something complimentary; that would take it to three in total.

Talking of tories who I can say something complimentary about, can I throw the name of Tom Tugenhadt into the ring. Watched him on Daily Politics do a adroit hatchet job on Johnson the other day and generally spoke well. One to watch.
That Rory Stewart fella spoke for 10 mins about Zimbabwe yesterday without saying anything, expert in diplomacy who Boris could learn from.
(11-15-2017, 09:30 PM)Great Bridge Wrote: Gilmour was president of medical aid for palestinians for 3 years 
So is probably hated by most of todays tories

He wasn't universally popular with his contemporaries, Bridge - Thatcher included. In the early 80s he, along with somebody else whose name I can't recall, was tasked with renegotiating the UK's deal with the EU; they secured a sizable reduction in the level of contribution. Arriving back they were summoned to number 10 and subjected to one of her tirades about their poor efforts; if accounts are accurate it went on for a couple of hours.

After they'd left some of Thatcher's advisors managed to persuade her that they'd actually negotiated a good outcome, after which she claimed it as her own and presented it to parliament as a triumph.
13 death threats to her since the 'mutineers' headline. About time some of this Brexit hysteria stopped before someone gets hurt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42045175
Arrest and charge all 13 of the fuckers