Non-essential shops can re-open from mid June
(05-26-2020, 07:29 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 07:23 AM)MassDebater Wrote: I know several women that will flock to practically any shops once they're open. It's like a drug to them.

But isn’t part of that shopping experience to go and have lunch or a coffee afterwards?

(05-26-2020, 07:22 AM)Fido Wrote: I think summer holidays will be on the agenda. I wouldn't be comfortable taking a flight anywhere but would consider a road trip to France or Italy by car. Whether I could remortgage the house to fund a villa with pool for two weeks is perhaps another thing!

28 day self isolation if you want to go to France

14 days isolation on arrival in France
14 days isolation upon return to the UK

I guess no one will be going on a booze cruise to France this summer!! Big Grin
The police have already said that they won't be able to enforce quarantine regulations. A daft idea, late in the game, from Priti Patel which will be ditched as soon as it's obvious that it's unworkable.
Camping equipment might be the next item in high demand .

<taps nose>
(05-26-2020, 06:55 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: With holidays off the agenda for this summer and no evenings out on the horizon either, I really can’t see the demand will be there for people to flock to the shops once re-opened.

Serously? I know people of both sexes that can't think of anything better than spending days going from shop to shop. I reckon there'll be an avalanche of shoppers.
(05-26-2020, 07:33 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 06:55 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: With holidays off the agenda for this summer and no evenings out on the horizon either, I really can’t see the demand will be there for people to flock to the shops once re-opened.

Serously? I know people of both sexes that can't think of anything better than spending days going from shop to shop. I reckon there'll be an avalanche of shoppers.

Yes, the shopping experience is going to be totally different to how it was.
(05-26-2020, 08:42 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Camping equipment might be the next item in high demand .

<taps nose>

It has been for a few weeks now. One of my contractors does SEO and he's been tracking the rise in searches for camping equipment.