Just dug out.....
(05-26-2020, 11:06 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 05:38 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Kes - Brian Glover the Referee who say's Bobby Charlton or was it Denis Law was in the wash?
I remember seeing him at Brierley Hill Civic wrestling as Leon Arras, he was up againt Les Kellett.
Sorry showing my age again and rambling.

Enjoyed a few Saturday nights as a nipper watching live wrestling at the Victoria Hall in the early 70s. Not sure if I ever saw Brian Glover, but deffo saw Les Kellet a few times.

Old women with bricks in their handbags and everyone chanting "Wheel 'em in."  Great fun.

Have a looksy at the YT clip I posted - still funny today, but you can see how much of it was rehersed. Big Grin
(05-25-2020, 09:07 PM)Squid Wrote: I envy you being able to rewatch Phoenix Nights. It's a crime it's not on any of the streaming services.

Goodfellas I could never tire of watching.

My IPTV supplier has both series of Phoenix Nights to stream on demand its great to watch them again
Is he drawing a dog?
(05-26-2020, 11:38 AM)fbaggy Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 09:07 PM)Squid Wrote: I envy you being able to rewatch Phoenix Nights. It's a crime it's not on any of the streaming services.

My IPTV supplier has both series of Phoenix Nights to stream on demand its great to watch them again

Ooh. We have that. What channel is it on?
(05-26-2020, 03:54 PM)Squid Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 11:38 AM)fbaggy Wrote:

Ooh. We have that. What channel is it on?

it depends on your supplier, not all do Video on demand (VOD) and if they do they all have different stuff, mine does loads in addition to all the channels.
Ar, Brian Glover's portrayal was masterful ! We had a sports teacher, his name was Etherington, he was a good bloke, came from Durham, and was just like as Glover acted and liked to show what he could do. We were about 14/ 15 he'd be about 24/25, I was pretty useful then, hate to admit it but the Wolves were interested, anyway I thought I'll have you Tom, and gave him sly one, on the ankle. Down he went, we all crowded round sniggerring, hands over mouths. Sorry Sir you alright, yes,yes, no harm done, and he bravely hobbled around for the rest of the lesson, we all loved it. Big Grin
last night watched Phoenix Nights, and the enormous inflatable dick, couldn't stop loffin  Big Grin