Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia next year
(11-15-2017, 07:48 PM)Fido Wrote: The I, like most football fans, have always been club over country. However, with such a large percentage of PL players being somewhere just for the money with no connection to their club whatsoever the one thing you can say is in playing for your nation there would probably be more of a desire to do well. You can’t change nationality (or it’s pretty difficult to do so) so you’re stuck with it. The posts about Chadli playing well for Belgium rile me a little because regardless of where he may have played or even when it’s, for me at least, incontestable that this gifted player hasn’t given his all in the stripes regardless of who our manager is.

TBF, Chadli was never going to be TP's favourite player.
(11-15-2017, 07:48 PM)Fido Wrote: The I, like most football fans, have always been club over country. However, with such a large percentage of PL players being somewhere just for the money with no connection to their club whatsoever the one thing you can say is in playing for your nation there would probably be more of a desire to do well. You can’t change nationality (or it’s pretty difficult to do so) so you’re stuck with it. The posts about Chadli playing well for Belgium rile me a little because regardless of where he may have played or even when it’s, for me at least, incontestable that this gifted player hasn’t given his all in the stripes regardless of who our manager is.

Bollocks.
(11-15-2017, 12:35 PM)Fido Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 10:30 AM)Beano16 Wrote: Never answer a phone in a Moscow hotel with the word "Yes"

My boss like a prat did, when woken at 2 in the morning, 5 minutes later the hotel door was being
knocked by a young lady who had called to supply the room service. he had ordered, He tried to
explain his answer, but the lady got very emotional and pleaded with him as he slammed the door
shut. Needless to say, 10 minutes later another knock on the door albeit more louder, he opened the
door to find two guys who looked a bit handy, one with a weapon who demanded the fee for the
services that my boss had agreed.  

He paid the $200 demanded, contracts are handled a little differently in Russia

Did he not say “Send her back in here then” after parting with the $200?

I bet Nick was there, listening in