Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia next year
(11-14-2017, 08:39 PM)Great Bridge Wrote: My mate lived over there for years as a translator for UK army and now the foreign office. He loves the country and his wife and daughter live in Moscow while he travels all over Russia and some of the other former Soviet states. He does fear for any footie fans that drink too much and cause trouble cos the russians wont have any truck with dealing with them.

I'd pay to see some of the little oiks who call themselves "casuals" these days go over and act like they do over here.
(11-14-2017, 08:44 PM)TTM Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 08:39 PM)Great Bridge Wrote: My mate lived over there for years as a translator for UK army and now the foreign office. He loves the country and his wife and daughter live in Moscow while he travels all over Russia and some of the other former Soviet states. He does fear for any footie fans that drink too much and cause trouble cos the russians wont have any truck with dealing with them.

I'd pay to see some of the little oiks who call themselves "casuals" these days go over and act like they do over here.
I can already picture plenty of vardy lookalikes taking a beating on the streets of Moscow
His parents who are both in their 70s regularly go to visit and stroll round Moscow and say they feel safer there than in London or Birmingham. There are areas to avoid like in every city u go to
(11-14-2017, 06:03 PM)WBA_PETE Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 05:37 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: This will be the first international tournament that I really couldn't give a toss about.

England will be England and limp trough the group, then lose hopelessly in the next round.  (I'm half expecting us not even to achieve that)...

The games will be boring - I thought the Euro's were a very boring Tourno - as was the last WC. Too many sides playing for a draw and pens. Not enough excitement or goals.

I'll watch a few games but will probably watch in passing as opposed to watch with excitement.

Worst attempt at a wind up yet.

Certainly not a wind up attempt. I've far better things to do than wind up random folks on the internet. I'm not 12.

That post is genuinely how I feel about international football. Maybe I'll feel different nearer the time. But the pointless friendlies that are shoehorned into the domestic calendar dampen any spirit I have. Especially when it seems senior pros have a 'who can drop out the squad the fastest' competition.

Then there's the qualifiers against nations with a postman up top and a former milkman as manager.

Finally I've just lost all hope of England being successful. I've lost all respect for our national side, both in terms of flat performances, and disappointing results at major tournaments. I feel so disconnected to the national side. Mediocre players who are so far removed from reality, that the majority are loathed by many.

I just have apathy for the whole lot of it.
Wouldn't go if you paid me.
Well I ay gooin
(11-14-2017, 05:50 PM)Montserratbaggie Wrote: These chaps will be waiting.

[Image: 352E041800000578-3640021-Ready_for_battl...681071.jpg]

"Young man, there's no need to feel down ......"
(11-14-2017, 09:13 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 05:37 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: This will be the first international tournament that I really couldn't give a toss about.

England will be England and limp trough the group, then lose hopelessly in the next round.  (I'm half expecting us not even to achieve that)...

The games will be boring - I thought the Euro's were a very boring Tourno - as was the last WC. Too many sides playing for a draw and pens. Not enough excitement or goals.

I'll watch a few games but will probably watch in passing as opposed to watch with excitement.

Certainly not a wind up attempt. I've far better things to do than wind up random folks on the internet. I'm not 12.

That post is genuinely how I feel about international football. Maybe I'll feel different nearer the time. But the pointless friendlies that are shoehorned into the domestic calendar dampen any spirit I have. Especially when it seems senior pros have a 'who can drop out the squad the fastest' competition.

Then there's the qualifiers against nations with a postman up top and a former milkman as manager.

Finally I've just lost all hope of England being successful. I've lost all respect for our national side, both in terms of flat performances, and disappointing results at major tournaments. I feel so disconnected to the national side. Mediocre players who are so far removed from reality, that the majority are loathed by many.

Winner of the 'low-hanging fruit' award 2017.
(11-14-2017, 10:32 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:

Winner of the 'low-hanging fruit' award 2017.

Big Grin

You pay to watch milkmen & postmen play football and tell us how great it is.....