Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia next year
Is anybody going or planning to go?

I notice tickets are going on sale Thursday, but there’s been barely any mention of it in the media compared to previous years. Usually by now I’m being bombarded by emails from The FA begging me to renew my England membership for tickets too, but that hasn’t happened yet either.
Would quite like to visit St Petersburg at some point but going to the land of whores and crims for a football tournament doesn't come very high on my agenda of sporting events I'd like to attend. Imagine it would also cost a bloody fortune.
depends which cities england are gonna play in, wish russia put the cities in siberia as venues
It is some 12 years since I last spent time working in Russia, I was pretty determined then not to return
unless I was obliged and certainly football would not so do.

Get outside of the bigger cities and it is more relaxed, but the place was insanely corrupt and trusting anyone
was one hell of a leap in faith, so often not worth the risk
1st games will be in Moscow and the second round in Magadan, then back again knowing FIFA.
Can't think of a single reason I would go to Russia for that Tournament.
I hope most of the worlds soccer fans shun it
(11-14-2017, 05:29 PM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote: Can't think of a single reason I would go to Russia for that Tournament.
I hope most of the worlds soccer fans shun it

there is nothing wrong with russia hosting the world cup
This will be the first international tournament that I really couldn't give a toss about.

England will be England and limp trough the group, then lose hopelessly in the next round. (I'm half expecting us not even to achieve that)...

The games will be boring - I thought the Euro's were a very boring Tourno - as was the last WC. Too many sides playing for a draw and pens. Not enough excitement or goals.

I'll watch a few games but will probably watch in passing as opposed to watch with excitement.
(11-14-2017, 04:46 PM)Beano16 Wrote: It is some 12 years since I last spent time working in Russia, I was pretty determined then not to return
unless I was obliged and certainly football would not so do.

Get outside of the bigger cities and it is more relaxed, but the place was insanely corrupt and trusting anyone
was one hell of a leap in faith, so often not worth the risk

I was there for a few night in 2002 - en route to Japan to watch England.

Edgy then - it's absolutely nuts now. Incredible number of violent incidents (including deaths) at football. The numbers of racist attacks on anyone black, Asian or from the Far East is fucking scary.
These chaps will be waiting.

[Image: 352E041800000578-3640021-Ready_for_battl...681071.jpg]