Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overpaid Nancy Boys vs Canarinho
(11-14-2017, 09:44 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: I know I'm headed for a fall here, but for the first time in a long time I'm starting to get a bit excited about this England team. The old guard have been well and truly removed and there's a freshness about this bunch.

Pretty good IMO, give the kids a chance - it worked for Germany!!
Stick kane in that team up front and we look pretty damn good.i thought we were excellent at the back. I really like harry maguire.played the two top teams in the world so it wasnt going to be easy.i think southgate should be applauded and im not his biggest fan usually.
I thought we looked solid both games. Need a bit more quality and luck with the few chances we create.
As Five-Live's S.American football expert said, not one single player has pulled out of their European tour. They want to impress. They're desperate to be in the WC squad and there's plenty of competition for places. Basically, they'd be trying to win. The lads' dun well.

So does anyone reckon Livermore is a cert for the squad? He gets a lot of England game time. It's such a shame Tony has coached football out of him. I'm sure he looked excellent when he joined us.
Who is Gomez?
(11-14-2017, 10:07 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: I thought we looked solid both games. Need a bit more quality and luck with the few chances we create.

We need a bit more composure in front of goal. That'll come with experience. I've enjoyed the two games despite no goals being scored. Fair play to Southgate for trying new players - most England managers wouldn't have the balls to do that. Despite his woeful lack of quality to choose an eleven from he's impressed me with wheat he has.
(11-14-2017, 10:51 PM)Pipes Of Peace Wrote: So does anyone reckon Livermore is a cert for the squad?  He gets a lot of England game time. It's such a shame Tony has coached football out of him. I'm sure he looked excellent when he joined us.

I reckon he's a cert. Played the role well. There as an outlet every time we had the ball. Mopped up opponents breaks well and took one for the team when needed.  Nowt spectacular but that ain't what he was on the pitch for

(11-14-2017, 10:56 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 10:07 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: I thought we looked solid both games. Need a bit more quality and luck with the few chances we create.

We need a bit more composure in front of goal. That'll come with experience. I've enjoyed the two games despite no goals being scored. Fair play to Southgate for trying new players - most England managers wouldn't have the balls to do that. Despite his woeful lack of quality to choose an eleven from he's impressed me with wheat he has.

Bob on. Hope Kane can supply that and demote Vardy to an impact sub to worry tiring defences with his pace
Been saying for ages that Southgate deserves credit for bringing through youth and not just picking players from the biggest clubs. The likes of Wilshire, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Sturridge who repeatedly failed under the old regime don’t currently look like they’ll play for England again.
It'll be interesting to see the squad and team choices once the magnificent 7 deem themselves fit enough to play