Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theresa strikea again
Accusing the Russians of succssfully using modern media to cause political disruption.

She's a really sharp lady. She'll be announcing it is the month of November soon enough.
Interesting that two of the Russian foreign policy aims are to return the USA to an isolationist position (Trump pulling out of many international agreements) and disrupting the EU (Brexit). Who is assisting them in this?
Right. So Russia encouraged Brexit covertly through the use of bots - I doubt a huge proportion of leave or remain voters know what a bot is, let alone find themselves influenced by it. The overt, overly pessimisstic and barely criticised intervention of Clinton, Obama and several other world leaders on the Remain side passes without comment.

#BlameRussia appears to be an awfully convenient load of bollocks.

And as for Trump being isolationist, what would you call the two Obama terms?
Dont agree Proth. For sure it is one of a multitude of factors but to underestimate it is dangerous, and i'm surprised you do. Putin doesnt have a master of deception and manipulation in modern arts as his right hand man for no reason.

Do you think the British fans getting trampled in France was an accident?
Like I said Heath, it's exceptionally convenient to find a scapegoat for defeat. Particularly when the WHOLE of the strength of the International Establishment was and remains on the side of Remain. The odds were hopelessly stacked against Vote Leave, and it was the by far the most amateur campaign I've ever been involved in.

If we were in the 1930s I'm sure the same voices would be insisting it was the Jews' fault. Someone on the left probably is as I type.

The simple fact is, those who run our country cannot accept that just over half those who bothered to vote in the referendum didn't swallow their bullshit. I linked to a video of Labour's Peter Shore in 1975 on another thread earlier today. What he said then stands today, the Establishment is still trying to scare us into some sort accommodation with a political bloc. They're terrified of running the country, because overnight they become accountable.
Ah if we are specifically talking about Brexit I agree with you there. I was talking about wider issues.
(11-15-2017, 07:24 AM)Heath Wrote: I was talking about wider issues.

Yes. I expect Russia will be blamed whenever there is an outcome with which you disagree.

I accept Putin played a blinder with Syria, but then he was only up against the isolationist Obama.
(11-14-2017, 07:21 AM)Heath Wrote: Accusing the Russians of succssfully using modern media to cause political disruption.

She's a really sharp lady. She'll be announcing it is the month of November soon enough.

She seems to me to be doing bizarrely enough, just what Putin does when he is in a week and vulnerable
position, lash out to create the illusion of strength and control.

Aye, some excellent and thought provoking elements. True as well. Watched it a few weeks back. May be a bit much for anyone who cant see past a linear ideology.