Warley Woods saved
(05-23-2020, 12:48 PM)yeoman lai Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 12:46 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Good on Julie. I've skied down that hill Big Grin

Went down it on a tray in the snow .. nearly shit myself.  Big Grin

My sister swears to this day she saw the "Grey Lady" up the woods... The barmy bint.

Grey Lady lives in the flats by My old school Abbey. On the hill heading down to The Abbey pub. Grew up round there. What a place.
Cross country runs round there were a killer.
(05-23-2020, 04:52 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 12:48 PM)yeoman lai Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 12:46 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Good on Julie. I've skied down that hill Big Grin

Went down it on a tray in the snow .. nearly shit myself.  Big Grin

My sister swears to this day she saw the "Grey Lady" up the woods... The barmy bint.

Grey Lady lives in the flats by My old school Abbey. On the hill heading down to The Abbey pub. Grew up round there. What a place.
The woods my neck of the woods too. Grew up right opposite the woods and Abbey Rd school on Barclay Rd. 
It was wonderful to grow up there and I used to play football in the woods using the graffitied Abbey Rd school wall as my goal post. Many a time had to climb on the roof of that canteen to get a ball as I was playing in the cup final for Albion.
No links to the place now but see myself as a Bearwood boy still.
I grew up in Bearwood (capital of Smethwick) never much football in the woods due to the hill.
Lightwoods park for football & Cricket the big games were played on the extension.

Use to hunt for the grey lady after dark during summer nights ,one night one lad said he saw her coming from behind one of the trees, we ran up that hill quicker than Usian Bolt,
It is very much my neck of the woods. I've not been on Facebook and Twitter, so didn't realise it was in trouble. Will definitely put some money in the coffers for them.