Warley Woods saved
With help from the very wonderful Julie Walters

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england...lQFCcMLSSM

Spent many a happy day there as a kid. Especially when sledding down the big, snow covered hill.
Great news, as a local how The Woods has been revamped is superb, it really is one of "our" best kept secrets, and those who are fairly local, and have never been, well worth a family visit.. after this shit is resolved.
Good on Julie. I've skied down that hill Big Grin
I used to go up there with my Nan and mom when I was too young to go up the brom with my dad, grandad and brothers.
(05-23-2020, 12:46 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Good on Julie. I've skied down that hill Big Grin

Went down it on a tray in the snow .. nearly shit myself.  Big Grin

My sister swears to this day she saw the "Grey Lady" up the woods... The barmy bint.
(05-23-2020, 12:48 PM)yeoman lai Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 12:46 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Good on Julie. I've skied down that hill Big Grin

My sister swears to this day she saw the "Grey Lady" up the woods... The barmy bint.

As I say, I used to go sledding and one time, I was about 5 or 6, I was hurtling down the hill and a dog appeared from nowhere directly in front of me. I swerved to avoid him, but found myself heasing towards the big tree at the bottom of the hill. I managed to turn at the last moment and ended up face down in the culvert at the very bottom. My mum ran, screaming, down the hill, only to find me laughing and saying how great it had been.
(05-23-2020, 12:55 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote:

As I say, I used to go sledding and one time, I was about 5 or 6, I was hurtling down the hill and a dog appeared from nowhere directly in front of me. I swerved to avoid him, but found myself heasing towards the big tree at the bottom of the hill. I managed to turn at the last moment and ended up face down in the culvert at the very bottom. My mum ran, screaming, down the hill, only to find me laughing and saying how great it had been.

Big Grin

Maybe we should have another thread on supernatural experiences that we’ve encountered as it’s been many years since the last one and perhaps some of the newer posters have had experiences themselves. 

I’ve had to look up “the grey lady” as I hadn’t heard of her before 

This is an interesting read
https://anomalien.com/the-grey-lady-of-warley-woods/

You’ve stirred some memories in me now. I spent a good proportion of my youth hanging around the woods and I’d forgot all about the tales of the Grey Lady. I always thought it was a story made up by my Mom & Dad just to stop me spending all my time there.
I have just become a member as I use the woods for walking my dog and I play golf there as well
So the least I can do is give them £20 a month.

Ps the grey lady did exist when I was a kid !!!