Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Tesco advert....
This country is going down a very angry pan

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.indepen...html%3famp

I can understand Muslims being a bit possed off with the ad having read this article
(11-13-2017, 09:15 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Pathetic - my neighbours bring food round for both Divali and Eid. In our street we used to always get together for Christmas eve drinks at that included CofE, Catholic, Muslim, Hindu and Jewish families with no suicide vests in sight - incredible really how we all survived, and every Christmas morning I pop over my mates to have a whisky with his in-laws who are up for the festivities - They're Hindu. It's about time people started to realise that we're all in this together for the long run.

Josh would have that place surrounded by anti terror police in minutes.
I’m more concerned that people actually watch adverts.
(11-13-2017, 09:24 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Who the fucking hell is moaning about that advert? What a bunch of muppets! 

Just shows you everything that's wrong with the world if people are complaining about that advert. Idiots the lot of them and shouldn't have a place in our society.
Fuck me if this is all people have left to moan about then life must be pretty good.

I will personally look forward to the holiday and time with the family, I couldn't really care less about which imaginary man in the sky its named after or what any religions may have to do or not to do with it.
(11-13-2017, 09:33 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I’m more concerned that people actually watch adverts.

These ads are now so high profile, so 'anticipated' as a major cultural event, with people analysing them as if they're the most important reflection on the state of the nation, rather than seeing them for what they are - the calculated and cynical targeting of a new generation of consumers. More fairy tales to base your life around. So no doubt they'll get hordes of Christmas shoppers oohing and aahing over their cute take on Chrimbo whilst simultaneously sending the Twatter and Facebook hordes into apoplexies of delight or offence, and therefore achieving their primary publicity aim. My aim over the festive period is to make sure I don't let any of this schmaltzy crap infest my viewing.
(11-13-2017, 10:30 AM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 09:33 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I’m more concerned that people actually watch adverts.

These ads are now so high profile, so 'anticipated' as a major cultural event, with people analysing them as if they're the most important reflection on the state of the nation, rather than seeing them for what they are - the calculated and cynical targeting of a new generation of consumers. More fairy tales to base your life around. So no doubt they'll get hordes of Christmas shoppers oohing and aahing over their cute take on Chrimbo whilst simultaneously sending the Twatter and Facebook hordes into apoplexies of delight or offence, and therefore achieving their primary publicity aim. My aim over the festive period is to make sure I don't let any of this schmaltzy crap infest my viewing.

Buy stuff, you need it, buy more of it, now, don't wait buy it now! Buying stuff you don't need is good, you want your Christmas to be perfect don't you? Well buy shit and lots of it! Look a fucking celebrity is telling you to buy shit, we have even slowed down an old 80s fucking pop song and only used a guitar and cow bell to make you feel all warm inside so buy you fucking idiot and buy the deluxe version it'll tell everyone you care more!!!!
(11-13-2017, 09:02 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I stuck up for Irvine whilst he was with us because he was what the owner and heirachy asked Burton to find. A good coach not a manager a good coach. Don’t blame the man for taking the job blame those who wrote the job specification!

Try watching the kids' channels. It's like an all out assault on your mind and wallet.

(Only if you have young children, like me. If not, don't bother. That would be weird.)