Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Tesco advert....
Fuck me, just seen it for the first time & had a read of the reaction - a lot of people need to get a serious grip of themselves.

I'm pretty certain that the ones bleating are the same folk who moan about Muslims not integrating and don't go to church themselves (I don't) to celebrate "the true meaning". I've shared Eid & Diwali celebrations along with Chinese New Year over the years and have been to Gudwara donning my bandana to share various occasions with friends of mine more than I've been to church over the past ten years.

Neighbours, friends & colleagues of mine have always offered food & a chance to join in with their religious celebrations and it's a wonderful, educational & binding experience which I'll always accept. I'm not a religious person so use the festival for a bit of reflection, uninterrupted family time as it's the only time of the year my work totally shuts down and a chance to see family & friends I rarely get to meet up with.

People have got too much time on their hands of this is a big issue to them, Tesco want to flog food to loads of people FFS!
Why can't people just enjoy stuff anymore? The thought process required in being offended by that is both ridiculous and tiring.
What is the moaning about? Is the Tesco advert the one where different folks are getting together with the family for Christmas. I'm guessing they're moaning about showing folk from different religions getting together for Christmas dinner.
(11-13-2017, 09:05 AM)baggy1 Wrote: What is the moaning about? Is the Tesco advert the one where different folks are getting together with the family for Christmas. I'm guessing they're moaning about showing folk from different religions getting together for Christmas dinner.

There's a Muslim family, no doubt they got their kids a Muslamic Ray Gun each.
It’s just another excuse for the Tommy Robinsons of this world to get angry. “Taking our culture ain’t they?”
Damned if you do and damned if you don't ...

In truth, Tesco have probably included a Muslim family to avoid the charge of only appealing to a single
religious or white only group and of course opened the minds and thought process of the loony few. I
actually heard someone on radio this morning accuse Tesco of not providing halal turkeys.

FFS
Pathetic - my neighbours bring food round for both Divali and Eid. In our street we used to always get together for Christmas eve drinks at that included CofE, Catholic, Muslim, Hindu and Jewish families with no suicide vests in sight - incredible really how we all survived, and every Christmas morning I pop over my mates to have a whisky with his in-laws who are up for the festivities - They're Hindu. It's about time people started to realise that we're all in this together for the long run.
(11-13-2017, 09:10 AM)Duffmon Wrote: It’s just another excuse for the Tommy Robinsons of this world to get angry. “Taking our culture ain’t they?”

If he's not sober & in church at midnight on Christmas Eve & bock there by 10 on Christmas morning I'll be very disappointed as it'll mean he's a big fucking hypocrite
It doesn't matter how well intentioned something might be, there is seemingly an army of people out there just waiting to dissect it and, if you're really determined, there's probably going to be something to allow a bit of contrived indignation.
The abuse is a bit odd. Hasn't the arguements always been that Muslims don't integrate? Then when there's an advert showing them doing just that, some people kick off about it. 

I know race is still a massive issue but I thought we'd moved on a long long time ago from getting uptight at the sight of someone with a different colour skin on the telly. That's basically how this looks to me.