Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Chriiiisssstmaaaaasssss!!!
(12-06-2017, 03:25 PM)Baggpuss Wrote: I got laid off on Black Friday so for the first time ever am not remotely looking forward to Christmas. Sad

Sorry to hear that. I’m sure it will turn around for you.
I hope Baggpuss and anyone else who might be finding it a bit difficult at the moment can find something to give them some cheer over Christmas, and I apologise now if I sound a bit too chuffed for my own good. But I'm off from work now til after Christmas, and it's nice to get away from the stresses and strains of it for a bit. 

Time to break out the Christmas songs and this is my favourite.

(12-07-2017, 11:38 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: I hope Baggpuss and anyone else who might be finding it a bit difficult at the moment can find something to give them some cheer over Christmas, and I apologise now if I sound a bit too chuffed for my own good. But I'm off from work now til after Christmas, and it's nice to get away from the stresses and strains of it for a bit. 

Time to break out the Christmas songs and this is my favourite.

Love the instrumental bit.

(12-06-2017, 03:30 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 03:25 PM)Baggpuss Wrote: I got laid off on Black Friday so for the first time ever am not remotely looking forward to Christmas. Sad

Sorry to hear that. I’m sure it will turn around for you.

Seconded.

Sad  sorry to hear that
Good luck baggpuss what job you looking for mate ?

Sorry to hear that

Keep your chin up and in addition to looking and applying for jobs, make the most of your free time rather than sitting around the house.
I was made redundant in December 2008. Looking for work can be very frustrating and disheartening. I applied for well over one hundred jobs in just over five months. From which, only ten applications were even acknowledged. Only four went to interview. 
All I can say BP is, I know it's pointless we saying " enjoy your Christmas" but  please don't get too disheartened, something WILL turn up!
Good luck in the New Year.

Sorry to hear that mate, what industry are you in? And/or what are you looking for?

I got laid off in Nov 2013 and luckily got into work quickly but I managed to have Dec, Jan and Feb off and enjoyed the break. Let this place know what you are looking for, sometimes it's better than LinkedIn on here.