Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Chriiiisssstmaaaaasssss!!!
(11-11-2017, 07:00 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 06:53 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 06:47 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

No children were harmed during the filming of this performance.
Honestly DK I never knew they did a Christmas single and I had all their stuff back in the day
Also I give my head a wobble for forgetting Wizzard.

The strange thing about this song is that although I reckon it's up there with all the best 70s Christmas songs, you practically never see it on any of the Christmas compilation albums. I think it's a stonkingly good track. Reached number 13, Christmas '74.
They were due to play Neath this winter but once i found out that  Bartlet was no longer involved I lost interest.  
I wonder what Matchbox are doing Shy

(11-11-2017, 06:53 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 06:38 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 06:26 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 06:23 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 06:14 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote: What's top of your Glam Rock Yuletide playlist, 
Rock'n' Roll Christmas
Lonely This Christmas
Merry Christmas Everybody
or 
A Wombling Christmas?

No mention of Chrissie Hynde in a Sally Army uniform allowed as that was 80's

I'd chuck in the much maligned and usually forgotten 'Hey Mr Christmas' by the awesome Showaddywaddywaddywaddy. 

I never get sick of hearing Slade or Wizzard's festive offerings. I was never much for 'Rock and Roll Christmas even when it was still legal to like it. Les Gray with his ventriloquist dummy on TOTP is still a festive highlight for me.

Awesome and Shitwaddywaddy two words that should never to be used in conjunction with each other, unless it's to emphasise how awful they were.

But you're a cunt so any point , no matter how valid is automatically rejected, and Showaddywaddy were not shit.

They were imo awful and thank you for the compliment.

(11-11-2017, 06:53 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 06:38 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 06:26 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 06:23 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 06:14 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote: What's top of your Glam Rock Yuletide playlist, 
Rock'n' Roll Christmas
Lonely This Christmas
Merry Christmas Everybody
or 
A Wombling Christmas?

No mention of Chrissie Hynde in a Sally Army uniform allowed as that was 80's

I'd chuck in the much maligned and usually forgotten 'Hey Mr Christmas' by the awesome Showaddywaddywaddywaddy. 

I never get sick of hearing Slade or Wizzard's festive offerings. I was never much for 'Rock and Roll Christmas even when it was still legal to like it. Les Gray with his ventriloquist dummy on TOTP is still a festive highlight for me.

Awesome and Shitwaddywaddy two words that should never to be used in conjunction with each other, unless it's to emphasise how awful they were.

But you're a cunt so any point , no matter how valid is automatically rejected, and Showaddywaddy were not shit.

They were imo awful and thank you for the compliment.
My pleasure, and i sincerely mean that.
(11-11-2017, 07:21 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote:

Honestly DK I never knew they did a Christmas single and I had all their stuff back in the day

The strange thing about this song is that although I reckon it's up there with all the best 70s Christmas songs, you practically never see it on any of the Christmas compilation albums. I think it's a stonkingly good track. Reached number 13, Christmas '74.
They were due to play Neath this winter but once i found out that  Bartlet was no longer involved I lost interest.  

In the 70s they sometimes played a nightclub in the Potteries called Jollies. It was a variety club that hosted all manner of acts like Cliff Richard, Norman Wisdom, Cilla, Morecambe and Wise, Andy Williams etc - like a posh Wheeltappers and Shunters. By all accounts Showaddywaddy were fantastic live and had people dancing on the tables. They were pretty big in the late 70s, but have largely been airbrushed from pop history.

That is absolutely wank.
(11-11-2017, 07:38 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

In the 70s they sometimes played a nightclub in the Potteries called Jollies. It was a variety club that hosted all manner of acts like Cliff Richard, Norman Wisdom, Cilla, Morecambe and Wise, Andy Williams etc - like a posh Wheeltappers and Shunters. By all accounts Showaddywaddy were fantastic live and had people dancing on the tables. They were pretty big in the late 70s, but have largely been airbrushed from pop history.
Red Star for me was their best album, plenty of their own material on there, mixed with the covers that they ended replying upon.
(11-11-2017, 07:44 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 07:38 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 06:53 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote: Honestly DK I never knew they did a Christmas single and I had all their stuff back in the day

Red Star for me was their best album, plenty of their own material on there, mixed with the covers that they ended replying upon.

I had the album before, Trocadero, on cassette tape - a Christmas present. To be honest, I liked them without being a massive fan, so the only other album I had was the greatest hits album from the mid to late 70s. They were runners-up on New Faces, a fact I either didn't previously know, or had more than likely forgotten.

(11-11-2017, 06:22 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: [Image: 3632b2a4ab6dee475b483663e4d70256--christ...-music.jpg]

I always preferred this one:

[Image: 120345790360.jpg]
(11-11-2017, 07:14 PM)Pneumann Wrote: Aaaarrrrghhhh!

On the one hand, Christmas starts on Christmas Eve and lasts for twelve days, or three-four football matches. On the other, there is something  to be said for a festival of lights in the dark days of November and December.

this^
(11-11-2017, 05:46 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: OK, I know that for the purists, Christmas starts in December, and in general, I'm fine with that. But the tradition in the Killer household is that on this weekend every year, the festivities start. It's the baking of the Christmas cake.

CDs are on the go. Christmas compilation and some top festive Andy Williams crooning - "Do you hear what I hear?" Yes Andy, I've got the volume full up! Chris Rea's looking at the driver next to him. And no Chris, he's not 'just the same'. Unless by coincidence the driver next to you is a multi-millionaire gravelly voiced Geordie musician.

Juniorkiller's beating the eggs, butter and sugar. Mrs Killer's giving instructions and generally overseeing the whole operation but getting totally frustrated with the realisation that no one's listening to her. Junior's playing air guitar and generally asking around, and DK's not exactly discouraging her and is scoffing shed loads of glacé cherries. 

I suspect the cake mixture's gone magnificently awry because this cake appears to be 97% fruit - like Kylie asking me to hurry down her chimney tonight. Anyway, it's in the oven now. Roy and Noddy are banging out their chunes and I'm getting a warm glow from the sneaky Jackie D I've just poured down me. "When you land upon your head then you've been Slade" - still the best festive lyric of all time.

Yes it's the international break, and I'm as bored as the next man. But this little slice of 1950s style homeliness in 2017 is brought to you to remind you that everything doesn't have to be grim and nasty, doom and gloom. So stop your petty sniping (actually don't, it's a pisser), make the most of what you've got, save the lynx, and always remember to scoop-up and eat whatever's left of your cake mix - the bit your mum always used to save for you. It's the best bit.

Let me be the first to wish you, one and all, a very Merry Christmas.

I hate you.
(11-11-2017, 10:06 PM)TheUnit Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 05:46 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: OK, I know that for the purists, Christmas starts in December, and in general, I'm fine with that. But the tradition in the Killer household is that on this weekend every year, the festivities start. It's the baking of the Christmas cake.

CDs are on the go. Christmas compilation and some top festive Andy Williams crooning - "Do you hear what I hear?" Yes Andy, I've got the volume full up! Chris Rea's looking at the driver next to him. And no Chris, he's not 'just the same'. Unless by coincidence the driver next to you is a multi-millionaire gravelly voiced Geordie musician.

Juniorkiller's beating the eggs, butter and sugar. Mrs Killer's giving instructions and generally overseeing the whole operation but getting totally frustrated with the realisation that no one's listening to her. Junior's playing air guitar and generally asking around, and DK's not exactly discouraging her and is scoffing shed loads of glacé cherries. 

I suspect the cake mixture's gone magnificently awry because this cake appears to be 97% fruit - like Kylie asking me to hurry down her chimney tonight. Anyway, it's in the oven now. Roy and Noddy are banging out their chunes and I'm getting a warm glow from the sneaky Jackie D I've just poured down me. "When you land upon your head then you've been Slade" - still the best festive lyric of all time.

Yes it's the international break, and I'm as bored as the next man. But this little slice of 1950s style homeliness in 2017 is brought to you to remind you that everything doesn't have to be grim and nasty, doom and gloom. So stop your petty sniping (actually don't, it's a pisser), make the most of what you've got, save the lynx, and always remember to scoop-up and eat whatever's left of your cake mix - the bit your mum always used to save for you. It's the best bit.

Let me be the first to wish you, one and all, a very Merry Christmas.

I hate you.

Just read the whole lot of that. I can hear 'Yes darling','thank you darling'... Fucking nauseating.
Sounds like you been on the cooking sherry DK . Missing normal  footie I'm guessing! Have a good night but remember....It ain't fugging Christmas for another 6 weeks.  Big Grin