EFL Statement
(05-22-2020, 05:30 PM)HugeHons Wrote: We could have Diangana back,we’ve only lost once with him in the team!

We will have him back as he was nearing fitness just before the season was suspended.
If football was played on paper I’d have absolutely no qualms restarting.... I think we have the strongest side in the division given the additions we made in January, and rest will have done us the world of good... however having watched a few Bundesliga games there is absolutely no guarantee of what state we’ll return in. Leipzig were blowing teams away before the closedown and were atrocious on Sunday, they barely found their own player, and Schalke’s defence could have been 6 down by half time if Dortmund had been clinical... Socially distant training is utterly unpredictable, and that 6 point lead can soon be blown.

I’m all for the season continuing, it’s entirely the right thing to do, but if we have the chance to vote to end it and gain promotion as is, we should be doing so.

Of the current top 6 only Fulham I’d imagine will vote to continue, with the bottom 3 also thinking the same. The next 7 to QPR will think given the possible upheaval of the return they have an outside chance of the last spot.

So that’s 11/24... Blues, Sheff Wed and Reading will swing it by my maths.
If we don’t restart and finish the season then we won’t deserve promotion. We may get it but it will be a hollow victory.

In my eyes, we are the strongest team in the division and we should want to prove that. Finish the season, gain promotion and watch the Villa go in the opposite direction.

Lovely
(05-22-2020, 08:02 PM)Cunningham1979 Wrote: If we don’t restart and finish the season then we won’t deserve promotion. We may get it but it will be a hollow victory.

In my eyes, we are the strongest team in the division and we should want to prove that. Finish the season, gain promotion and watch the Villa go in the opposite direction.

Lovely

A just statement but bird in hand, two in bush for me, mate.
(05-22-2020, 09:10 PM)Fido Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 08:02 PM)Cunningham1979 Wrote: If we don’t restart and finish the season then we won’t deserve promotion. We may get it but it will be a hollow victory.

Lovely

A just statement but bird in hand, two in bush for me, mate.

+1 - Why risk it and nobody can complain if Us and Leeds get promoted!
Some self righteous people on here who want everything and above board so we look good to everyone else......nobody gives a toss so why should we vote not to play again shithouse our way up .
Charity begins at home, we do what's right for us first. Covid 19 has the high ground.

Lovely

I admire your faith and optimise, but don't forget this is the Albion we're talking about we have a unique ability to shoot ourselves in both feet at any given moment our performances in the 2 or 3 games prior to the stoppage were not all that impressive, I'd love to think we could hit the ground running and blow away the opposition in the run in, but as I say this is the Albion we don't do easy and the Vile are the spawneyest and jammiest club ever to play football. Anyway wether we go up or not is completly immaterial given what's happened since Feb and all the deaths, this is just football don't forget.
(05-22-2020, 09:41 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Charity begins at home, we do what's right for us first. Covid 19 has the high ground.

I thought we had the highest.
Nixon of the Sun saying he expects a majority will vote to resume