EFL Statement
(05-23-2020, 09:14 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Nixon of the Sun saying he expects a majority will vote to resume

He's Team Restart though. Was even talking about the PL being played in Australia at one point

Whereas the Perce is clearly Team Curtail. Reporting that Hull are complaining about restarting again.
(05-23-2020, 09:20 PM)Squid Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 09:14 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Nixon of the Sun saying he expects a majority will vote to resume

He's Team Restart though. Was even talking about the PL being played in Australia at one point

Whereas the Perce is clearly Team Curtail. Reporting that Hull are complaining about restarting again.

True. Nixon has been pushing Restart for some time.
Whilst I concur with your thoughts, solidly based on promotion and relegation possibilities. The reasoning has not included the health and safety risks and no fans revenue has to also be factored into the final vote. The financial loss (EST £1/2 million per game) will be a major factor with many clubs.
A majority decision is required to restart to continue the championship

So, if the play offs are also scrapped and the top 3 teams are promoted I think;
Fulham would say thank you very much - curtail 1 vote
teams 4th-6th will vote restart - 3 votes
teams who believe they have a chance of making the playoffs will vote restart (7th - 13th) 7 votes
teams who have nothing to play for or don’t want to be dragged into a relegation battle will vote curtail (14th - 21st) 8 votes
teams in the bottom 3 will vote restart - 3 votes

So, ignoring Leeds and Albion’s votes, the results look on paper as follows;
restart - 13
curtail - 9

With a majority ruling (13 votes) required to decide to curtail the season or restart, the voting is close if Leeds and Albion both vote curtail. Possibly may even go 12:12 and that’d put a spanner in the works.
(05-24-2020, 08:32 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Whilst I concur with your thoughts, solidly based on promotion and relegation possibilities. The reasoning has not included the health and safety risks and no fans revenue has to also be factored into the final vote. The financial loss (EST £1/2 million per game) will be a major factor with many clubs.

Not sure what you’re saying here Remi. Whether we resume or not there won’t be fans revenue. Or are you saying it will cost 500k to stage a match behind closed doors? If that’s the case then I agree it will be a big factor.
(05-24-2020, 08:32 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Whilst I concur with your thoughts, solidly based on promotion and relegation possibilities. The reasoning has not included the health and safety risks and no fans revenue has to also be factored into the final vote. The financial loss (EST £1/2 million per game) will be a major factor with many clubs.

I think it depends on the decision made around whether to refund season tickets / match day tickets should games move BCD or whether this is justified by free access to any PPV broadcasts of the game.

Average attendance in Championship is 18k, and with average tickets at about £25 including ST prices, your 500k/match is pretty spot on.. and with average turnover outside of parachute payment financed clubs being c.£22m, 4-5 home games is quite a chunk of annual turnover.

If the decision is to refund and play BCD, I’d imagine most clubs would vote to curtail regardless.
I’ m sure I heard we seeing to vote for restart no matter what.
(05-24-2020, 09:17 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

I think it depends on the decision made around whether to refund season tickets / match day tickets should games move BCD or whether this is justified by free access to any PPV broadcasts of the game.

Average attendance in Championship is 18k, and with average tickets at about £25 including ST prices, your 500k/match is pretty spot on.. and with average turnover outside of parachute payment financed clubs being c.£22m, 4-5 home games is quite a chunk of annual turnover.

If the decision is to refund and play BCD, I’d imagine most clubs would vote to curtail regardless.

The attendance revenue is irrelevant as to whether to curtail the season or not, as its BCD and clubs have to refund tickets and STs for games not available to watch in person.  

The costs that come into play are costs of maintaining the ground to be within the standards specified (thoroughly cleaning changing rooms and where people have been. Costs of staff required on matchdays, (Private medical staff instead of ambulance), all back room staff, costs of travel for away games, Costs of Covid tests.   

I believe the free view is for a certain number of  PL games and I’ve seen no mention of that for Championship games.  I expect ifollow will broadcast all Albion games not on sky which fans can subscribe to.
(05-24-2020, 09:17 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

They probably make another £250K on cardboard burgers and overpriced piss.
Fulham won’t go up, don’t think that’s ever been on the table

Plan is 3rd -6th have a play off comp for the next promotion spot, so they may vote to play on thinking they can catch us and Leeds

The other three teams currently occupying the play off spots will probably take their lot and vote to curtail IMO

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers