Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtue Signalling
Has there ever been a more tosspot expression? Smug postering from a self appointed position of authority. It's so lazy and makes huge assumptions of those accused of doing so. How does someone on a platform like this know whether they are speaking from experience or simply saying something to look good? 

Anyway I am signalling but not virtuously at those that use the phrase!
arf
From the language of the right, like snowflake, remoaner, people like you.....textbook ballocks
Fortunately, I've seen snowflake increasingly being used to describe the right who seem to meltdown at every opportunity
So it's being reclaimed
MDPRoth is bigging me up as both the pope and the Archbishop of Canterbury
I'm just a fella who tries to do the right thing and thinks others should try to do the right thing
(11-08-2017, 10:12 PM)Donegal Wrote: I'm just a fella who tries to do the right thing and thinks others should try to do the right thing

So am I. We have different ideas of the right thing, your's screeches virtue mine whispers pragmatism and reality.

The zenith of virtue signalling is the Left's constant obsession with the means to an end rather than the end itself. That's why the left has a natural tendency to towards tyranny.
Pragmatism and reality based upon a rotten ideology which is being found out day by day
I have always said that you are a decent chap and I believe that you do try to do the right thing
A rotten ideology that's led to a precipitous fall in absolute poverty virtually everywhere it's been implemented. Outcomes dear, outcomes.

You, I and everyone on here is a beneficiary of the rotten ideology of free exchange between individuals. What an evil bastard I am, eh?
No,people voted for trump, Brexit, macron and Corbyn because they were so happy with the broken system
Panama papers, paradise papers...it's all falling down around your ears
I think you're confused. I doubt the average Joe who voted Trump, Corbyn or Macron would have the faintest idea what either of those things are, or care (no should s/he). All sounds like a middle class first world problem to me. Anyway, we're all at it - me, you, McDonnell, Warrington Council - everyone.

I also wonder what they have to do with the most succesful system of poverty alleviation known to man - markets. Pesky facts, those facts about poverty aren't they?
(11-08-2017, 10:15 PM)Protheroe Wrote: So am I. We have different ideas of the right thing, your's screeches virtue mine whispers pragmatism and reality.

You should probably add narcissism and self-regard if that post is anything to go by.
(11-08-2017, 10:43 PM)Ossian Wrote: You should probably add narcissism and self-regard if that post is anything to go by.

Have I missed the point of social media Smile Tongue ?