Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not so pretty Patel
She claimed expenses of 630k and supports the death penalty just the sort of liberal thats the least worst politician needed to take the heat of bumblin Boris.

How long left for this corrupt discredited weak and sleazy government?
I'm not buying the line that May "wanted to give her the opportunity to resign".

I'm going for "is too weak to sack anybody" as the more plausible explanation.
(11-08-2017, 10:47 PM)Great Bridge Wrote: How long left for this corrupt discredited weak and sleazy government?

Well I'm certainly topping up my $ account put it that way.
(11-08-2017, 10:47 PM)Ossian Wrote: I'm not buying the line that May "wanted to give her the opportunity to resign".

Tory MPs are now openly describing HR as weak and stable

Absolutely no mention at all of Patel's completely one sided itinerary
But that’s rather the point. For this was also a highly political programme in which she made no effort – of the sort required by stated UK policy – to balance her visits by even one to Palestinian officials or NGOs. She seems to have come back keen on exploring ways of directing aid to Israel itself. Leave aside that she had to be reminded on her return that DFID can hardly operate by funding Israeli Army humanitarian work with Syrian refugees in the Golan Heights because the UK regards the Golan as illegally occupied territory. Is it really UK policy to pay for projects anywhere, however worthy, by a well-funded Army charged with enforcing an occupation of Palestinian territory which Britain regards as contrary to international law? Nor it is easy to see how first world Israel – as opposed to the occupied territories – meets the criteria for overseas aid set by the the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Dvelopment
(11-08-2017, 10:47 PM)Ossian Wrote: I'm not buying the line that May "wanted to give her the opportunity to resign".

Possibly, I'm not sure that most of us will ever get to know the full story of what she did, why she did
it and who knew. Most of us don't care if I am honest Rolleyes

May is looking more and more exposed and whilst I might understand why the party is trying to keep
her in place, she is now single handed looking the best person to guide Corbyn into power, who in
truth doesn't have to do much, except keep his hair tidy, and buy a new shirt from Primark every few
weeks.
'Strong and stable.' 

It still doesn't ring hollow yet.  Big Grin