Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This says it all
(11-10-2017, 04:03 PM)Pontificator Wrote: Friedmanomics fantasy as bad as McDonnell’s Marxism. it’s just plain daft that you still can’t do the politics

I expect a little more deconstruction of an argument than that. Clearly liberal economics is not as bad as Marxism, people never risked being shot to escape from markets did they?
(11-11-2017, 08:42 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(11-10-2017, 04:03 PM)Pontificator Wrote: Friedmanomics fantasy as bad as McDonnell’s Marxism. it’s just plain daft that you still can’t do the politics

I expect a little more deconstruction of an argument than that. Clearly liberal economics is not as bad as Marxism, people never risked being shot to escape from markets did they?

The EU are working on it  Big Grin
(11-11-2017, 10:09 AM)Strawman Wrote:

The EU are working on it  Big Grin

Gorbachev mused that whilst the Soviet Union was disintegrating, Brussels was busy replicating it. I'm with Gorbachev.

Worshipping at the alter of either of two most influential economists in history seems to me to be the same thing. And talking about shots that is just cheap.
Not really Ponty. Marxism is so good for people that in every state it's been tried folks have been prevented from leaving at gunpoint.

And I think Adam Smith might want a word.
Adam don't give a fuck

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40715845
(11-13-2017, 12:38 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Not really Ponty. Marxism is so good for people that in every state it's been tried folks have been prevented from leaving at gunpoint.

And I think Adam Smith might want a word.

Smartarse
It has been said.
Morality cannot be legislated but behaviour can be regulated
Martin Luther King
Or Taxed.
John McDonnell