Anyone fancy a trip to China
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/ma...strictions

While there book a day trip to a wet market. I'm sure it's pretty safe.

I think I'll give it a miss though and practice social distancing by thousands of miles  Wink
Nothing happened in china
Love the labour party
Only visitors with a green rating on China’s health QR code app will be allowed through the gates, further embedding the use of the digital passport-like documents that have allowed some Chinese citizens to move relatively freely, but which have restricted others.

While practical, I can see how such technology can be misused. It seems very dystopian to me. 

After sticking vast swathes of the Uighur population in "re-education camps" and then their behaviour around Coronavirus, it would be nice for China to be treated in a manner similar to apartheid-era South Africa,but I won't hold out much hope of that.
(05-16-2020, 11:07 AM)Squid Wrote: Only visitors with a green rating on China’s health QR code app will be allowed through the gates, further embedding the use of the digital passport-like documents that have allowed some Chinese citizens to move relatively freely, but which have restricted others.

While practical, I can see how such technology can be misused. It seems very dystopian to me. 

After sticking vast swathes of the Uighur population in "re-education camps" and then their behaviour around Coronavirus, it would be nice for China to be treated in a manner similar to apartheid-era South Africa,but I won't hold out much hope of that.

Add to that the disappearance (and death)of various doctors that originally pointed out there was a dangerous situation developing last year.  The disappearance of human rights lawyers, the jailing of human rights lawyers, the continued harassment and surveillance of their families. The suppression of the Xinjiang area. The repression and ethnic cleansing in Tibet. The attack (and rehabilitation) of LBGT individuals. The government funded destruction of Buddhist, Taoist and Christian churches and resettlement and imprisonment of Muslims. The detention of the Kazakhs. The enforced disappearance and arbitrary detentions of religious leaders, academics and intellectuals.  The malware attacks on overseas servers and imprisonment of Chinese citizens who become active politically on social media inside the "Great Firewall".  The extensive use of the death penalty.
But apart from that I can't think of anywhere better to go, and they do sell cheap tellys.
It's a bit Mickey Mouse
(05-16-2020, 02:57 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: It's a bit Mickey Mouse

it's even more Donald Ducked
(05-16-2020, 03:59 PM)strawman Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 02:57 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: It's a bit Mickey Mouse

it's even more Donald Ducked

The amount of income Disney is losing from theme parks and postponed film releases is frightening
4 people have died from Covid 19 in Hong Kong so far.

That's 3 times less than in the care home my friend works at.