The Showman vs The Lawyer...
...as the BBC put it

Boris is being torn a new one at the despatch box and PMQs by Keir. I thought the points raised on Monday about guidelines for going back to work showed what a lawyer can do when presenting facts and had Boris squirming, and today has asked Boris to retract one of his 'off the cuff' bullshit comments as it is misleading MPs.

This is a better sort of opposition - one that deals in facts and luckily for him starting out at the despatch box he has got billy bullshit across the way which will give him plenty of opportunity of pulling him up, 

I can hear the Tory misinformation department cranking up all the historical errors Starmer has made ready for a twitter / facebook campaign to mislead Tracey and Kevin from Rochdale.
Lets be honest about this the government are on a hiding to nothing . I havnt seen anything has slick back hair boy pulled boris up on how the government have done on the finance side of things
(05-13-2020, 02:24 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Lets be honest about this the government are on a hiding to nothing . I havnt seen anything has slick back hair boy pulled boris up on how the government have done on the finance side of things

Good point, let's focus on the finances and not the deaths. You'll be saying that the per capita wealth has increased next.
(05-13-2020, 02:24 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Lets be honest about this the government are on a hiding to nothing . I havnt seen anything has slick back hair boy pulled boris up on how the government have done on the finance side of things

No, he showed Boris up last week with a graph that the the government published that contradicted what Boris said and he's called out the Prime Minister today for lying to the Commons by directly quoting what the Prime Minister said.

The financial measures put forward have been fine to be honest, the furloughing scheme while not perfect is one of the most wide reaching economic security packages in Europe and have worked to their desired effect so I'm not sure why Keir would focus on that instead of the things the government has made a cock up with such as the issues with care homes and deaths being underreported. The point of an opposition is to hold the government to account when it is doing the wrong things to stop it continuing to do the wrong things.
At the right time I dont think it is the right time .....I think kier has forgotten the part that we will support  the government that has well and truly gone ....the tories might aswell freeze them out of discussions.

Give them the piers Morgan treatment.  Angel
You haven't got the point of PMQs have you?
(05-13-2020, 02:46 PM)The liquidator Wrote: At the right time I dont think it is the right time .....I think kier has forgotten the part that we will support  the government that has well and truly gone ....the tories might aswell freeze them out of discussions.

Liq you’ve become just another apologist for Boris and co.
(05-13-2020, 02:46 PM)The liquidator Wrote: At the right time I dont think it is the right time .....I think kier has forgotten the part that we will support  the government that has well and truly gone ....the tories might aswell freeze them out of discussions.

They are supporting the government where they can (like the treasury announcements) and scrutinising when it needs to be done (PPE, testing and care homes) in the is used to scrutinise the government, Prime Ministers Questions.

You were complaining about the issue of care homes the other day, Keir literally brought that up today and Boris lied. Keir has then quoted what Johnson said in March to show evidence of Boris has lied and presented it to the Speaker.

If nobody called them up on their crap nothing would be done to address the mistakes, that's the sole point in having an opposition.

Out of interest, when is the right time to hold the Government to task over decisions that may (or may not) still be contributing to mounting deaths with each passing day?

(05-13-2020, 03:06 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

And poor little Saido, don't forget poor little, innocent Saido.
(05-13-2020, 03:06 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Proth and Liq 
The Golden tiq (et)