More covidiots.
Sweden has started their second peak, and everyone was saying how great they were at dealing with it. If we miss a second wave it will be some sort of minor miracle.
(05-21-2020, 10:18 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Tbh, assuming the groups are families, they look like they're applying social distancing, in fact, far more than 2m apart. I expose myself to far more danger when in the supermarket.

Don’t do a windmill in the freezer section would be my advise.
(05-21-2020, 08:56 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 06:45 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I know we are technically allowed out to go anywhere we like for exercise and with 1 other person, but yet again the stupidity of the general public baffles the reasonably intelligible person to the point where these idiots should be shot on site.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-52742519

The blame lies firmly with one person for allowing people to go anywhere in England to exercise.  It was blatantly obvious what would happen.

Yep spot on even the village idiot could have worked that out,  then they will look all dismayed and wonder why when a 2nd deadly wave of the virus hits us.
I can't find any news to say Sweden has "started its second peak."

Incidentally, London's rates are dropping faster than anywhere in the country - the place where folk are crammed on the tube etc.
(05-21-2020, 11:27 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote: I can't find any news to say Sweden has "started its second peak."

Incidentally, London's rates are dropping faster than anywhere in the country - the place where folk are crammed on the tube etc.

On these stats they had circa 500 new cases every day since the start of April with no sign of a second spike.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronaviru...ry/sweden/
Unusually yesterday afternoon went for a walk with the youngest daughter, without either of my dogs.

Ended up on Combe Martin beach for 20 mins or so while she looked for 'sea glass' - noted whilst most people were socially distancing - there were a small number of people ignoring the social distancing rules.

Also noted that the local chippy had a locals only notice displayed, which has only gone up this week - possibly an indication that people from up country are now visiting the local area.

Have to stress that the people who were not socially distancing were local. But a combination of people visiting the area from outside, plus increasing numbers of locals abandoning the social distancing rules, might mean a spike in infections requiring a local lockdown, just at the time when the Govt was going to ease restrictions on the domestic tourist industry.
(05-21-2020, 12:08 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Unusually yesterday afternoon went for a walk with the youngest daughter, without either of my dogs.

Ended up on Combe Martin beach for 20 mins or so while she looked for 'sea glass' - noted whilst most people were socially distancing  - there were a small number of people ignoring the social distancing rules.

Also noted that the local chippy had a locals only notice displayed, which has only gone up this week - possibly an indication that people from up country are now visiting the local area.

Have to stress that the people who were not socially distancing were local. But a combination of people visiting the area from outside, plus increasing numbers of locals abandoning the social distancing rules, might mean a spike in infections requiring a local lockdown, just at the time when the Govt was going to ease restrictions on the domestic tourist industry.

Will be interesting to see what happens in North Devon (the district Combe Martin comes under). ONS has recorded only 22 covid deaths in that district up to 8th May. I think that is remarkable considering it probably has more pensioners living there than the average area.
(05-21-2020, 12:02 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 11:27 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote: I can't find any news to say Sweden has "started its second peak."

On these stats they had circa 500 new cases every day since the start of April with no sign of a second spike.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronaviru...ry/sweden/

That's the site I use, their active infections graph shows a drop then a new upward trend....was dropping at the start of May
I'm desperate for a walk in the hills but have decided not to go just yet. It's just my decision, based on the fact we've been locked down for 2 months and inevitably there will be a demand for beauty spots. What gets my goat though is the councils saying the toilets are closed. FFS, get them open! It's not deterring anyone and will simply lead to either anti-social behaviour, or crowding at anywhere that is open. As I say, I won't be going anywhere soon and that's my decision, I don't like the environment where everyone is a policeman.
(05-21-2020, 05:32 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I'm desperate for a walk in the hills but have decided not to go just yet. It's just my decision, based on the fact we've been locked down for 2 months and inevitably there will be a demand for beauty spots. What gets my goat though is the councils saying the toilets are closed. FFS, get them open! It's not deterring anyone and will simply lead to either anti-social behaviour, or crowding at anywhere that is open. As I say, I won't be going anywhere soon and that's my decision, I don't like the environment where everyone is a policeman.
What pisses me off, is near me the gate to a park is closed to cars stating due to a Covid, yet the Govt said Parks are to be open for people to exercise.  The messages coming out are clearly not being understood by everyone including local councils.   It’s a total disgrace IMO
and I’ve said so all along.