29th June
(05-07-2020, 07:28 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 11:29 AM)keef Wrote: I would love football to be back but i just can't see it working just imagine one  of our players showing symptoms  then all off our players staff have to self isolate. Then hypothetically if we had played another team on the previous saturday all of there players  will have to isolate   and so on  just can't see it working hope i am wrong

Doesn't that only apply if you're not being regularly tested? I would imagine football players would be tested daily, so there would be no need for self-isolation unless they're actually infected. 

They will be a lot safer than the majority of us, certainly more than retail staff.
yes they maybe  but if they are tested and proved positive then the people that are known to be in close proximity have to self isolate  under goverment  guide lines
i hope we can make football happen again but the more i think about it the more i can't see it working
i am looking at Germany if it can work there then we have hope
(05-07-2020, 11:29 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 11:25 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Apologies to the over sensitive especially then  ;)

It was presented in a company meeting today and I must have missed at the start if they said it was the Irish lockdown. Seems a reasonable plan to me, are you expecting Boris to be that much more different?

Thought it seemed similar! 

In Ireland the hairdressers aren't back for a while (not sure if that's in phase 3 or 4) but interestingly they were one of the first things back in Switzerland (so a Swiss person told me)

Speaking as someone who lost patience and did a number on his own head with his beard trimmer, I hope they open up here in the UK soon

In Ireland it’s Stage 4 (July 20th).

The queues to get into a barbers shop will be MASSIVE) esp with the 2 metre social distance rule. I’ll be getting the clippers out again today to give hair a spruce for today’s celebrations.
(05-07-2020, 10:03 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 02:58 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 02:57 PM)Squid Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 01:50 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 12:23 PM)baggy1 Wrote: There's a lot more information about 'loading' and spread now which makes steps back to normality easier and safer. Waiting for a cure is not going to be the switch to allow everything back to near normal.

Tell Boris that. 

Second spike on the way as he looks to preserve his ratings. The lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

What do you propose instead?

I'm not the Prime Minister, it's not up to me to propose anything.

You're pretty good at telling us what shouldn't be happening, KKC. Did you ever consider diversifying into positive suggestions?

Seriously though, we can't just sit back in our bunkers and wait until the economy has completely collapsed. There has to be a way forward which balances risk with normality. And entertainment is a crucial sector in modern society. It can't just be halted indefinitely.

I agree, but I've long since learned that the best way to survive on this dump is not to offer too many opinions.
(05-08-2020, 08:13 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 10:03 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 02:58 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 02:57 PM)Squid Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 01:50 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Tell Boris that. 

Second spike on the way as he looks to preserve his ratings. The lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

What do you propose instead?

I'm not the Prime Minister, it's not up to me to propose anything.

You're pretty good at telling us what shouldn't be happening, KKC. Did you ever consider diversifying into positive suggestions?

Seriously though, we can't just sit back in our bunkers and wait until the economy has completely collapsed. There has to be a way forward which balances risk with normality. And entertainment is a crucial sector in modern society. It can't just be halted indefinitely.

I agree, but I've long since learned that the best way to survive on this dump is not to offer too many opinions.

In your opinion Big Grin