Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bexit Update from the Embassy
The Ambassador was saying how politically difficult this is going to be to sell to the public that the UK will need to pay.
Ive always known the UK will need to pay whatever the EU wants. 1-27 odds on. Bullshit charlatan Kippers and Tories puffing their chests and lying as usual.
(11-07-2017, 09:39 PM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote: The Ambassador was saying how politically difficult this is going to be to sell to the public that the UK will need to pay.

Pay for what? Did he elaborate? Does anyone? Ever?
(11-07-2017, 09:48 PM)Donegal Wrote: Ive always known the UK will need to pay whatever the EU wants. 1-27 odds on. Bullshit charlatan Kippers and Tories puffing their chests and lying as usual.

More like the EU acting like Scientologists when someone tries to leave the fold.
(11-08-2017, 06:03 AM)Fido Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 09:48 PM)Donegal Wrote: Ive always known the UK will need to pay whatever the EU wants. 1-27 odds on. Bullshit charlatan Kippers and Tories puffing their chests and lying as usual.

More like the EU acting like Scientologists when someone tries to leave the fold.

Exactly. Which is why the UK always had to pay the pipers tune. It's the Brexiters posturing and lying that does them a disservice.
(11-07-2017, 10:24 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 09:39 PM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote: The Ambassador was saying how politically difficult this is going to be to sell to the public that the UK will need to pay.

He talked about the 20m that May's already put out there for the 2 year transition period and talked about how that went down the general population and then said further payments would be as if not more difficult
(11-08-2017, 10:39 AM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote:

He talked about the 20m that May's already put out there for the 2 year transition period and talked about how that went down the general population and then said further payments would be as if not more difficult

Quite. But what are we paying for? This is the question that no one seems to be able to answer. The supplementary question is, why are we paying?

No wonder the general population is clueless as neither the UK nor the EU seem willing to tell us what the bill is actually for. If we're paying for access to the Single Market, who does no-one else pay? How much is the EU going to pay us for access to our market?

We know it's all about the money, I have mentioned that before haven't I?
(11-08-2017, 12:14 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 10:39 AM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote:

Quite. But what are we paying for? This is the question that no one seems to be able to answer. The supplementary question is, why are we paying?

No wonder the general population is clueless as neither the UK nor the EU seem willing to tell us what the bill is actually for. If we're paying for access to the Single Market, who does no-one else pay? How much is the EU going to pay us for access to our market?

We know it's all about the money, I have mentioned that before haven't I?

We did and the ambassador quoted you yesterday by saying the same thing.

Still think we're missing the whole European dream part of it though but lets not go there again Big Grin

I did leave the meeting thinking I can see why that much progress hasn't been made. The did put a very nice 29 page update on whats been agreed (in green) and not (in red) which I found quite informative.