Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More excellence from the private sector
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017...ils-to-pay
Presumably they landed this gig on the strength of their stellar performance assessing people transitioning from DLA to PIP.
"Capita confirmed it had outstanding payments to some trainee GPs but it was unable to say how many it is responsible for paying, or how many it has failed to pay." Well, that's the legendary accountability of the private sector for you.

No doubt the overbearing and sinister 'State' has paid up on its invoices from Capita.
(11-03-2017, 08:51 AM)Ossian Wrote: No doubt the overbearing and sinister 'State' has paid up on its invoices from Capita.

Personally I wouldn't trust Capita to cross the road without causing a multiple pile-up.

If you want a good laugh read about Service Birmingham. If anything proves the public sector is incapable of procurement than that does - alongside virtually every defence project ever of course.
Landing the blame at the feet of procurement rather than the people actually failing is lame.
(11-03-2017, 05:26 PM)Heath Wrote: Landing the blame at the feet of procurement rather than the people actually failing is lame.

There is no doubt in my mind that the responsibility for much of the chaos in the NHS lies with the Tory obsession with competition; the BMA who's primary interest has never been the patients; the GP contract offered / accepted under Blair and subsequent ability for tens of thousands of GP's who can afford to work part time. The whole thing is a fucking joke and the ideology tossed about on this message board by Proth and Heath just highlights it.
(11-03-2017, 06:12 PM)Pontificator Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 05:26 PM)Heath Wrote: Landing the blame at the feet of procurement rather than the people actually failing is lame.

There is no doubt in my mind that the responsibility for much of the chaos in the NHS lies with the Tory obsession with competition; the BMA who's primary interest has never been the patients; the GP contract offered / accepted under Blair and subsequent ability for tens of thousands of GP's who can afford to work part time. The whole thing is a fucking joke and the ideology tossed about on this message board by Proth and Heath just highlights it.

Nothing wrong with a bit of competition in procurement. Guy I work with was involved the health service for a while and when he needed to buy printer paper he was told he could only use a particular supplier that charged 10 x more than your Staples or whoever. If your supplier knows you'll always use them you are more than likely to get a complete and utter whalloping on price, money that can much better used in care. The presumption is that it will be used for that and not to go back into government coffers but either way there are people getting rich off the NHS whilst patients suffer.

Given that correcting the mistakes of poor procurement is a key aspect of my business I think I'm in a better position to comment.

I was with a public sector organisation yesterday actually. I think I'll be spending quite a lot of time with them.
Outsourcing is lazy and expensive. I have seen the utter waste of our Foreign Aid budgets when farmed out to so called "consultancy" experts in Bangladesh. Hideous expense accounts and enormously inflated accounts, with limited results. The same companies have been milking the system with the full knowledge of DFID for years, its obscene. The only ones who benefit are the fat cats who run the Agencies, driving around Dhaka in their 4x4s and holding court in the International Clubs. Arrogant fucks to a man.
Outsourcing does not have to be lazy and expensive. It's only lazy and expensive when it's procured badly. Like anything else.