2 years ago today
(05-05-2020, 11:38 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Was a real shame the midweek game sent us down, as if it had gone to the last day I think we’d have had more than a helping hand from Roy.

If only Brunt hadn’t put through his own net against Swansea... Big Grin

Agree. As long as it was in our own hands we were working miracles. Who knows what would have happened? DM did an amazing job after the damage caused by the previous incumbents.
My apple middle class wanker watch recorded a heart attack that day Big Grin
This will put the hairs up on your neck chaps
https://youtu.be/fpRpMFOb1hI
Me and my son were on tour with our football team in Ireland, with a load of Stokies. They got relegated after the early kick-off and we too accepted relegation with them too at 0-0 late on. However, as we know Jake score that gave us life for another week and we had a super night on the ale. What a night!
The feeling after that goal is what football is all about. Imagine that now with VAR.

The Artist in Residence programme is what really makes my hair stand on end with this goal. You could see that at the start of the season he just “didn’t get it”. And then with that goal he had tears and that rush that nothing else in Leiden can go you (aside from a couple of chemical substances!).

And the down to match the up a few days later sat in the pub.